v : Camerawoman

I entered and Colby let the door swing shut behind me.

I let him lead me over to the camera where Sam stood patiently.

"Sam, this is Ella," he introduced me.

"Hi," I said, regaining a more of my sanity while holding out my hand. It was however, still obvious to me that any current thoughts were kept simple.

"Hey, Ella," he replied, shaking my hand.

Was it just me or was this a little awkward? I always over think when I'm quiet and I'm feeling pretty shy right now.

"Did you see those crazy young girls out there a while ago? The caretaker of this place complained and they were made to leave" Sam laughed, joined soon after by Colby.

"Yes! Yes, I walked up the road a bit and met them on the way," I answered, chuckling, "They spoke to me, actually."

"What did they say?" Colby asked immediately.

I got this, I thought as I held up one finger at the boys.

I went and sat down on the nearest bench, a few steps away that was sheltered by a tree. After crossing one leg over the other and pouting my lips a little, I belted out the girl's words, "I bet you don't know anyone famous. Me and Colby are in love!!!"

Everyone living in the complex potentially heard me.

"And my best friend Natalie here is Sam's girlfriend!!"

The two had started laughing after the first line and I joined in with them while I walked back.

"I didn't know I had a girlfriend!" Sam exclaimed throwing his hands up in the air and let them fall back down.

"She was about twelve years old too, definitely a keeper." I said only to make us all giggle again.

When the laughter died down, Colby asked as he unscrewed the digital camera from the tripod, "So, Ella. Do you know how to work this bad boy right here?"

"Possibly." I answered.

"Possibly will do." He confirmed.

He brought the camera over to me and planted it in my hands. He leaned in close.

"This button will start and stop recording," Colby explained, "and it should automatically focus, so you shouldn't have any problems."

I put the camera strap over my head. I was quite familiar with cameras because I would often take pictures of things I'd like to draw but I am not able to go back and see. This camera, however, looked very expensive as well as a little more complex than my own

"Oh, and one last thing," Colby said right before he backed away, "put your hand under the lens there to control the zoom. You shouldn't need that unless we somehow end up out of frame."

I placed my hand where Colby had shown me and twisted it while looking at the screen. Seemed pretty easy.

Sam stood, on his phone. "Alright, Ella. Action" he said as Colby joined his side.

I pressed the record button on the top of the camera and pointed my finger at them, signalling I had started the video.

Sam was first to speak, "Alright guys, the next dare is from one of our twitter followers. I dare Colby to give Sam a piggyback for the rest of the video."

"He's so heavy!" Colby groaned, jokingly.

"Am not!" Sam retorted.

It was hard to conceal my smile as the connection between the friends had become more apparent to me. They were well and truly best friends.

"Arrrhhh" Colby yelled, as Sam leapt roughly onto his back, laughing. The pair nearly fell over.

I twisted the lens so that it zoomed out slightly when Sam's head was outside the recording.

"Having fun up there?" asked Colby.

"Um, yeah. It's alright." Sam showed slight satisfaction.

"You're unbelievable." Colby shook his head.