xxvi : Video

(A.N: 1000 reads?! Thank you all so much!)

I knock on the dark wooden door in front of me. My nerves had built up more and more the closer I got. I swear my stomach has just tied itself in a knot or two.

To my temporary relief, Sam is the one to answer the door.

"Hey, Ella" He greets me, surprised.

"Hey" I shove my hands deep into my hoodie pocket. That reminded me, I forgot to bring the one Colby lent me.

"Come in," Sam gives way and I enter hesitantly. "your stuff's over here" he gestures to the couch where I'd left my bag the other day.

Oh.

Sam's assumed that I'm here to pick it up.

"Um, Colby invited me round" I inform him.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't know," Sam explained and pointed at Colby's shut door, "he's in his room"

I nod, grateful for the friendly vibe he gave off. "Thanks"

While I approached Colby's room, Sam disappeared into his own. I knocked first, as I had done at their front door. No answer.

"Colby?" I say and knock once more.

Nope.

I decide to just go ahead and enter, seeing as there's nothing else I can do.

"Col-" I go to ask again, but I see him at his desk wearing black headphones. He mustn't have heard me. 

He turns to face me and slips his headphones off and rests them around his neck.

"Hey" he greets me but smiles awkwardly, probably sensing my discomfort.

"Sorry, um..." I start but I don't really know what I am saying so I close my mouth before I say something dumb or incoherent. However, I notice various cardboard boxes around his room. "What are all the boxes for?"

"Sam and I are moving out" He states.

"Oh" I'm about to question it further but Colby changes the subject.

"Come look at this" he waves me over.

He removes the headphones and passes them to me. I tilt my head at him, slightly confused but take them and put them over my ears. They're still warm from when he had them on.

I switch my attention over to his laptop which sat on his desk. Colby presses play and a video starts playing. The one we filmed at the abandoned mansion. There wasn't much footage, but enough for five minutes. I kneeled on the carpet and propped my elbows on the edge of the desk, not letting my eyes leave the screen.

Colby has edited the whole thing. The footage of the moonlit room looks stunning and I'm amazed at how much detail the camera picked up. He'd also filmed an outro for the end because I'd dropped the camera when Colby fell on me. It was filmed here in his room, and he briefly explained what had happened to his hands. How were his hands?

I looked away from the video momentarily and down at them. He'd swapped out the bandages for large band-aids. Colby noticed me looking at them.

"They're fine now" he assures me while clenching and unclenching his fists. I can tell the cuts aren't causing him any pain and I assume that most have healed up.

The video ends.

"Have you posted this on your channel yet?" I ask, afraid to know if thousands of people had seen my face with Colby.

"No, not quite"

Phew.

Well, I'm relieved until I see a cheeky smile slowly grow on his face.