xxxviii : Moving In

(A.N: Hey everyone! Thanks to all the dedicated readers who've made it this far, congrats! Please remember to vote for the chapters as this means a lot to me. Thank you!)

I don't know what I'm supposed to do with my YouTube channel. Colby was right about it being a potential job for me, but now that I've said my goodbyes, is it rude to keep it? Doesn't it look like I'm leaching off his success a little?

I stare blankly at the webpage and sigh, running my hands over my face. I already had a following of 42,000 subscribers and our video is nearing 80,000 views. The surreality of this was insane. I decide to scroll through the comments and reply to some of them.

'Wtf is she wearing... lmao'

Okay, I totally had that one coming. I did look absolutely ridiculous in Colby's oversized hoodie.

'They would be so cute together!'

'Ew step away from my man.'

'Who is she??'

'She's so pretty wthhhh'

The comments surely showed all sorts of opinions but the majority appeared to be positive. The like to dislike ratio has also remained strong.

After replying to and liking a few comments, I shut my laptop and went to resume my drawing. However, the sun previously beaming in from my window had dropped behind a building so I turned my desk light on and checked the time on my phone.

8:47pm

Jasmine is expected to get here at about 10pm. I can't wait to see her. She'll take my mind off things too.

I draw some more to pass the time, filling in everything starting from the top lefthand corner. The background was now dark, making the graphite Colby stand out. I was about to go back in and fix up some small details, but my phone dings so I put down my pencil and pick it up.

Jasmine's here finally. It's 10:07pm.

I quickly slip on my sneakers and run out of my apartment, eager to see my best friend. I enter the elevator and click "G" to go to the ground floor. I tap my foot impatiently as it seems to take forever to go down. 

"Come on" I mutter inaudibly under my breath when I feel the elevator begin to slow.

The doors finally open and I burst out, scanning the threshold for Jas. 

There she is, her car parked in the visitor car parks, unloading her luggage from the trunk. She notices me running over to her and she squeals in happiness.

"Ella!" We engulf each other in a long hug.

"Jas, I missed you so damn much" I admit as we part.

"Me too, I'm so glad I'm here!" She exclaims, excited.

"Let's get your stuff upstairs" Now it's me that squeals, this moment I never thought would exist. I never thought I'd see my best friend ever again, nor did I know how hard it was to be without her.