xxviii : Forward

After countless minutes of throwing names back and forth, nothing sufficed.

"You know what, maybe we should just call it Ella Heiland" I give up.

"Heiland is your last name?" Colby asks.

"Yeah" I'm caught off guard by his question.

"That's a good one" He nods.

"Thanks" I say.

He goes to name the channel and a spell my last name out. It takes a few minutes for him to go through the channel layout settings but it's set up in no time. All I really need now is a profile picture, banner and some videos.

"You can add a profile picture and a header later on," he tells me. "Let's just post this video for now"

Colby begins it's upload, which will take approximately sixteen minutes.

"So, where are you moving to?" I ask the question that's been on my mind this entire time. He turns from the computer screen to face me.

"Not far, just the next neighbourhood" he assures me but then realises my motive for asking this. "Don't worry, I'll still see you"

I'm relieved, though I try my best not to show this. I like being around him but it hasn't even been a week since I met him and Sam.

Stop getting ahead of yourself.

A slightly uncomfortable silence is forming between us. I need to bring up the kiss sooner rather than later.

"You kissed me..." I leave my sentence hanging in hope that he'll elaborate.

"I remember," he draws his words out and I can tell by his immediate change in expression that was not expecting me to bring this up, "I was there".

"Um... well, it's great that you recall it happening but-" I'm cut off by him.

"I'm sorry, Ella. I-" he stutters, "I shouldn't have. It was too forward"

"It's okay, I forgive you" I smile, trying to lighten the mood.

Colby's posture is rigid against his cushioned desk chair. Maybe I shouldn't have brought this up. 

"What do you think of me?" he asks suddenly, putting me on the spot.

I hesitate on my answer a series of times before finally speaking my thoughts.

"You hang out every day with different girls, so I don't know what the kiss meant, Colby"

He processed this for a moment before giving his opinion.

"It's not like that. I don't hang out with other girls all the time," Colby pauses for a couple of seconds before continuing. 

"I'm not sure what our kiss meant either. All I know is that I liked it"