xxxii : Headache

The Titanic had sunk and the credits had rolled. Lauren and I are now in conversation.

"So have you met any other new people here yet?" She questions.

"Yes, a couple" I nod, smiling at the thoughts springing to mind. Colby and I must go to the beach again.

"Colby?" Lauren catches me completely off guard.

"Huh?" I look up at her, away from my previous thoughts.

"You know, Colby. I saw him leave your place about a week ago"

"You know him?" I ask her.

"Yeah, we actually, um," she's slightly hesitant to continue and her eyebrows scrunch a little, "we're a thing"

They're a thing. Right.

Okay.

He kissed me! Twice!

Just great.

I manage to hide my surprise really well, considering the bomb she unknowingly dropped right in front of me. Of course, Lauren notices this.

"Oh," she straightens her neck, "is something wrong?"

"No, nope. I'm alright. Just a headache I think" I convince her with a meek smile.

"Want some Advil?" She offers, concerned all of a sudden.

"Ahh no, no. It's not that bad, just reoccurring" I elaborate on my lie.

"Alright. It's late. Maybe you just need some rest" Lauren reasons and hops up from the couch.

"You're probably right. I'll head back now" I tell her and she nods.

"Let's do this again sometime, it was fun." She ups the mood while reaching for the door handle.

"Yes, thanks for inviting me round" I say sincerely.

"Anytime, Ella" and with that, I'm out in the corridor and the door is pushed shut.

Phew.

I walk down the hallway to my own place. I let myself in, removing my shoes before back-flopping onto my made bed.

Wanting to rid the thoughts form my mind, I get up, sit at my desk and lay out my sketching pencils. This is becoming a habit.

I select a 2B, and begin adding more details to the one of the building I started last week when I arrived here. It was nearly complete.

Brrrrnnng!

I jolt away from my desk in shock but calm down when I realise it's just my phone in my pocket. I pull it out and look at the display.

Jasmine is calling me. I know I promised myself that I'd drop everything and move on, but I can't just delete my best friend from my life. She was one of the little amount of people I trusted, and she deserved to know what was going on. I never even said goodbye to her. It hits me now just how terribly I dealt with this.

(A.N: Hello! Please vote if you're enjoying the story)