x : Plans

A.N: This chapter is dedicated to kylie2715 for being a supportive reader!

I'd texted the boys last night so that they have my number. I woke to a message.

Colby: Meet us outside at 10. Bring swimwear :)

They want me to go to the beach with them? What?? I groan internally. This means I'll have to wear a bikini. I consider telling Colby that I have plans for today, but I hate lying to people. The time at the top of my screen reads 9:18am. I've got about forty minutes.

I get up and wander sleepily over to my wardrobe. Digging around, I pull out my new simple black bikini. I change into it and pull on a plaid shirt and jean shorts over the top. I prayed that I didn't have to go swimming today. I couldn't swim. Growing up in the state of Colorado, there was no reason to learn. I bought the bikini before moving to California knowing that I'd end up on the beach at some point. I just won't go into the water.

I then decide to braid my hair and apply a thin coat of black mascara to my eyelashes. After a little more internal arguing, the time is now 9:36am. I spend the rest of the time packing a tote bag with a towel, a book and some snacks. Grabbing my aviators, I leave my apartment. I step into the elevator and press 'G' for the ground floor.

Both Colby and Sam are waiting outside when the elevator doors open.

"Hey" I greet them both

"Hey Ella" Colby responds, glancing at my outfit.

"Let's go!" Sam says excitedly.

With that, we begin to make our way down to the beach. Both the boys are dressed in swimming shorts. Colby is rocking dark blue ones with his black ray bands. The beach is located a couple of blocks from our street, so we find the waves in no time.

A.N: Voting may result in more dedications and shoutouts, so please vote for the chapters if you're enjoying the story so far <3

And lastly, please post any critiques here, as I'm looking to improve my writing. Thanks!