xʟ : Deal Breaker

"Are you alright?" I ask Jas as she winces in pain after attempting to grab a box of cereal from the top cabinet.

I has just gotten out of bed and has now joined her in the kitchen for breakfast.

"Yeah, my muscles are still asleep" she laughs, "I'm fine"

"Oh right" I giggle with Jas while retrieving the box for her.

"Um, Colby texted me" I'd woken up to a text from him.

"What did he say?" Jas was suddenly in a different state of mind.

"Here" I pass my iPhone over to her.

The text read,

Can we please talk? :3

"Awww, Ella! He put a butt face. That's so cute. I ship it already" she jokes, handing my phone back.

"Very funny," I comment sarcastically.

"So what are you replying with?"

"Oh, I'm not going to reply. I couldn't possibly have a relationship with him. Think about it. He's a YouTube star."

"And?" Jas prods my torso with her spoon.

"He's out of my league, Jas!" I throw my hands up in defeat.

"And there's something I haven't told you yet" I admit dimly.

"What's that?" Has pours milk I to her cereal.

"He's not actually single," I say and Jas gasps but keep talking before she says anything. "There's a girl, Lauren, who lives just down the hallway, a few apartments over"

"You're joking" she looks so disappointed.

"I wish I was." I say, "so there you have it, the deal breaker"

"It can't be true. It just can't be. Colby said he was single in his latest Q and A video with Sam.

"It is. The last time I saw him, I brought it up and he couldn't find the words to explain himself, so I walked out" I cringe at the memory. I was so rude but for it being true, he deserved it.

"Ella, you have to reply. He wants to talk. Can't you see he's ready to explain himself to you?" Jas gestures towards the phone in my hand.

I nod "I guess you could be right"

With that, I unlock my iPhone and select the text field in our convo.

Okay, where do you want to meet?

His reply is almost instant,

Thanks you! Come to our new house this afternoon.

Shortly after, he texts through a google maps attachment with his new address.

"Oh my god that's the TFIL mansion!" Jas' close proximity causes me to jump a little in fright. "I'm coming with you!"

A mansion? Fancy.