xʟii : Exposed

I'm now with Colby alone in his room and we're positioned on his black couch. Jasmine had volunteered to play Rocket League with Aaron. He told us before we went upstairs that everyone else was out, so it was just him and Colby home.

"I'm sorry for walking out on you" I start, "it was-"

"No, no, it's okay. Let me explain" he huffs before continuing. "I'll get this out of the way first. I'm not with Lauren at all. We did, however, used to spend a lot of time together. But that was a few years back, when Sam and I were in Kansas"

"Kansas?" I question, wondering what they were doing there.

"That's where we're from. We both grew up there and went to school with each other. Lauren also went to the same school, in fact she was the same grade as us. She was nice back then, but now things are very different. She- ugh, I don't-"

"It's alright," I tell him empathetically. Colby smiles briefly at me before continuing.

"When Sam and I started becoming popular on Vine, Lauren became more and more distant. I guess she just assumed that I no longer wanted to be close to her, even though in my mind nothing had changed. I was still the same Colby, at the time I didn't want us to stray apart. I should've gone to her and talked about what was going on." Colby looks down and shakes his head regretfully. "So here I am not making the same mistake again"

His icy blue eyes meet mine before I speak. "So, you want to be with her again?"

I'm fairly certain he doesn't, but he seemed to hint towards it so I just want to make sure.

"No. There's more to this story," he sighs, hesitating,"I didn't hear anything more from Lauren until we moved out to LA a little over a year ago now, she popped up on my Twitter, so I followed her. All was well until a few days later. She tweeted out claiming that she was dating me and that I'd asked her to be my girlfriend."

Colby seemed frustrated now, as if he was reliving the memory again.

"I saw the tweet five or six hours after she posted it, and a negative response had grown drastically. I immediately tweeted out that it was a complete lie. What made it so bad is that Lauren had around fifteen thousand followers at the time, due to her newly established modelling career. So all these people were taking her side and trying to convince others that she wasn't the liar and that I was."

He pauses briefly, so I ask the question on my mind.

"Has she done anything else" it didn't quite make sense why Colby didn't just say he wasn't with Lauren the day at Barkley's.

He nods, "she's pulled countless stunts like that. Lauren's obsessively stalking me, Ella"