ʟxi : Huntington Ranch

When Aaron woke up, he agreed happily to spend the day with Jasmine in the apartment. I'm doubtful Connor would get into building anyway, but I'm glad knowing that Aaron was with her, so I don't have to worry at all.

Colby and I had left the house on high alert for Connor, but neither of us had seen him yet. Now, we were in Colby's car on the freeway. He said he'd found an abandoned ranch an hour inland.

Connors car didn't seem to be anywhere so I allowed myself to relax back into the passenger seat.

I glance over at Colby, sensing eyes on me.

"Keep your eyes on the road," I even point in front of me at the vast outstretch of tar, to show how important I consider our safety to be.

He sticks his tongue out playfully at me, but obliges, shifting his sight to the road.

With nothing else to do, I look at my outfit which consisted of borrowed clothes from Devyn. We will swing by the apartment on the way home to pick up some of my belongings.

Devyn had lent me a fitted white tank, and short light wash jean shorts. I'd felt a little naked so topped the look off with my hoodie. It's pretty cloudy so I think I'll be able to keep it on all day.

The remainder of the drive feels really long and the road becomes a little windy. Nevertheless, we make it to the ranch.

Huntington Ranch, read the sign overhead as we travel down the uneven gravel driveway infected by multiple potholes. Overgrown trees line the edges, narrowing it in some places. It's clear to see it's abandoned by the untidiness. I wonder what it used to look like.

"Alright," Colby brakes, killing the engine, "we're here."

I hop out of the car, stretching my cramped legs.

Right in front of us stands a two-story farmhouse, it's weatherboards covered in old chipped white paint. To my left, I see a large barn and a corral. I can't wait to explore it.

Colby walks up beside me, his camera in his hand. We'd already agreed that this video is going to be for his channel, as it's been a few days since he's uploaded and I'm not one to steal the spotlight.

Cough, Lauren, cough.

"Let's start with the house," Colby suggests and I nod.

"Ready?"

"Mhmm," I answer and we both make our way through the unkept grass to the large porch of the farmhouse.