xxv : 637

(A.N: Shoutout to imSSforyou for all the votes!)

*Brrr*

My phone buzzes from where it's charging on my bedside table. I pick it up.

Colby.

We should talk.

He's right, this is getting ridiculous. It's been nearly two days and we haven't spoken since that kiss. He kissed me.

I reply quickly,

Where do you want to meet?

I wait for his response which comes multiple seconds later.

Come to ours. I have something to show you.

What could he possibly have to show me? I'm so confused. Nevertheless, I pull my hoodie on over my white t-shirt. It's dark red, in contrast to my light wash jean shorts.

I snatch my phone from its charger and take one more look at my drawing which rests on my desk. It's like nothing I'd ever done before, and I don't necessarily mean this in a good way. I'd tidied up its lines yesterday but it still looks... out of my style?

Closing my bedroom door, I exit my apartment.

Ooof.

"I'm so sorry," I say immediately, realising I bumped into someone.

"Oh, it's okay. Ella, right?" The person says and I look up. It's Lauren.

I nod. "Sorry, I just wasn't looking where I was going"

"It's totally fine, I forgive you" she says and lets out a small chuckle. "It's kind of my fault too"

It falls silent for a moment.

"I've gotta get going," I tell her, gesturing in the direction I'm headed.

"Alright. I'll see you later"

"Bye, Lauren" I smile at her before going to continue down the corridor.

"Wait," she catches my attention again and I turn on my heels to face her, "want to hang out later?" Lauren asks hopeful.

"Yeah, sure" I agree, a grin on my face. I need some friends here, I can't just rely on Sam and Colby. They've got busy lives and bright futures.

"Awesome," she beams. "Come to 637 at 7pm"

"Cool" I grin.

Lauren turns her head and walks the opposite way down the corridor.

I hop into the lift and wait for it to reach the ground level. When it does, I  get out and walk in no rush to Sam and Colby's place. What? I'm nervous. I delay things when I'm feeling nervous.