xxxi : For the love of Jack

"I like most types. Sci-fi and romance are probably my favourite" I admit as Lauren scrolls through Netflix's latest additions.

"Horror?" She teases, smirking.

Now that's one genre I definitely don't settle for.

"Pass" I shudder, remembering my experience of watching The Conjuring 2. Why did I put myself through that.

"Oooh! Do you like the Titanic?" Lauren sits up straight.

"Yeah, it's incredible," I join her on the couch. It's deep and very comfy.

"Great! I haven't seen it in yonks!" She exclaims, utilising the search bar on Netflix.

"Me neither!" I tell her.

"Perfect," she replies as she selects the film.

"Popcorn?" Lauren turns to me, after hurriedly pausing the screen.

"Of course," I can't believe she asked.

It's surprising how well Lauren and I are getting along. I would never have though I'd become friends so quickly with someone so outgoing. I guess she's well socialised from her career and knows how to accomodate for a variety of different personalities, including my awkward tendencies.

"Sweet and buttery?" She asks me as I follow her into the kitchen.

"Yum," I smile. That's my favourite flavour.

Lauren selects a packet from one of the upper cabinets and places it in the microwave and we wait a few minutes for it to pop. We pour it into a large white bowl and head back over to the lounge.

Lauren resumes the movie and I get comfy on the couch, pulling a pillow behind my back and pulling my feet up, after removing my shoes, of course.

We both remain silent during the film. I guess we are both alike in that way - we don't talk during movies.

"No, no, no! Get back in there" Lauren grits her teeth together. Maybe I thought too soon.

Jack has just been handcuffed the poll in a room below deck.

Our popcorn is well finished by now. I think I ended up eating most of it. Oops.

"Heck yes," I comment when Rose finally finds him.

"Isn't that part so stressful?" Lauren questions, not removing her eyes from the screen.

"Sure is," I agree, clenching my jaw when Rose attempts to break the handcuffs but luckily succeeds. Oh for the love of Jack, hurry up and get above deck.

We fall quiet once more and finish the film, with Lauren having only shed a couple tears.

"We did it!" I exclaim in celebration, high-giving her and she giggles.