You Didn't See Anything

Tumblr prompt: I broke the teacher's rolling chair and I don't know that you know it was me

Pairing: Septiplier

It was lunch time at Vanguard High School and Jack McLoughlin was bored. So, instead of sitting with a bunch of people he didn't know, he went to one of his teacher's classrooms to eat.

When he opened the door, he noticed that the teacher wasn't there. He looked around for a second before going straight for the teachers desk. The reason he did this was because the teacher had a rolling chair that everyone loved to sit in.

Jack immediately sat down in it and twirled himself around. He ate his lunch in the chair, not caring if someone walked in at that point. Jack finished lunch early, so he started to roll around the classroom like an idiot.

He was in the middle of performing a scene that he made up in his head when the wheel of the chair caught onto a wire that was on the ground, causing it to flip over. Jack crashed to the ground with the chair on top of him. He groaned and looked back at the chair.

Jack's eyes widened when he saw that he had broke the chair with one of the wheels popped off. He cursed, getting up and pacing the room. Jack contemplated whether or not he should try to fix it, tell the teacher when they got back, or to just skip the class.

Since he didn't want to get in trouble at the end of the day and he wasn't the type of person to give himself up that easily, he tried to fix the chair. It didn't really work out as well as Jack had hoped, but it was good enough.

He just hoped that the chair wouldn't break in the middle of class, because then he would be screwed. Jack sat down waiting for the next couple of minutes, waiting for the bell to ring so he could forget everything that just happened.

One thing that Jack didn't know, however, was that everything he did wasn't all in secret. Mark Fishbach, one of Jack's peers, was outside the door, trying very hard not to laugh. He had walked by at just the right moment to see Jack twirling around in the chair.

Mark had considered saying something, but it seemed really funny without any context, so he just watched. Then he saw Jack fall, where he was about to go in and ask if he was alright, but he stopped himself because he realized how weird that would be.

So he watched as a very nervous Jack tried to fix the chair. It made Mark nearly laugh again as he watched Jack just sit down in defeat after he put the not-so-fixed chair back in it's place.

After Mark had stopped laughing, he walked in and sat in his seat. He was in the same row as Jack, but he was a couple of seats over.

Jack noticed how Mark's face looked red and wondered what had happened. He shrugged it off, as maybe Mark had P.E. before this class or something.

But in reality, Mark's face was red from trying so hard not to laugh. More students came in and Jack grew more nervous. Mark noticed and covered his mouth with his hand, trying not to make a sound.

Then the teacher walked in. Jack's breath hitched as she smiled at the class, told them about what was going to happen that day, and walked to her desk. Jack silently prayed that the desk wouldn't falter once the teacher sat down.

Sadly, Jack's prayers were never answered, as right when the teacher sat down, the chair collapsed, leaving the class laughing and Jack with his now red face in his hands.

The teacher got up and just commented on how the chair was old and she needed a new one anyways, which Jack gave a silent sigh of relief. Mark, however, was in the middle of a fit of giggles.

After class had ended and the bell for school to end rang, Jack got up and nearly ran out of the class, trying to get out as soon as possible. Mark tried to catch up with him, but it was too late; Jack was already gone. Mark figured he would talk to him tomorrow about it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, when Mark arrived at school, he looked for Jack. He grinned when he saw Jack standing the stairs, looking at his phone. He walked over to him. "Hey! You're Jack, right?" Mark asked. Jack looked up at him and gave him a puzzled look.

"Uh, yeah. Why?"

"Can I ask you something?" Jack continued to give Mark a puzzled look.

Why was this guy even talking to him? He knew that his name was Mark, but that was about it. But nonetheless, he still replied. "I guess?" Jack said, unsure about what Mark wanted to ask.

"Were you in Mrs. Johnson's classroom yesterday?" Jack was confused. Why would he ask such a weird question?

"Yeah, why?" Mark started laughing at this point, which made Jack even more confused about the whole situation. He was about to ask what was so funny when it clicked.

Oh.

Oh.

OH.

Jack immediately remember everything from the previous day and his face started to heat up. He put his face into his hands, embarrassed at how someone had somehow saw the whole thing.

"Oh my god, you have no idea how funny that was man. And don't worry, I won't tell the teacher that you broke the chair," Mark said once he had stopped laughing. Jack looked up from his hands, face still red.

"You won't?" He asked, his voice very small.

"Nah, that was too funny for me to give you away like that. You should do that more often, dude. That would be awesome!" Mark laughed.

Jack's face was now red for a different reason. "Thanks," he said, giving Mark a small smile.

"Say, now that I'm pretty sure that we've become friends, do you wanna hang out today? You always seem kinda lonely, so..." Mark awkwardly scratched the back of his neck. Jack's smile grew even wider.

"I'd love to," Jack replied. Mark grinned at Jack, as they had started a beautiful new friendship.