Kiss

Tumblr prompt: Our first kiss tasted like desperation and cigarettes

Note: Kind of short one-shot. I hope you enjoy it though!

Pairing: H2OVanoss

Jonathan wasn't one for parties.

In fact, he didn't remember why he decided to go. All he did know was that he needed a cigarette. So what if he was a senior in high school? He needed to calm his nerves somehow.

Sadly, he didn't have any of his own, and his friend that he normally got them from wasn't there. The good thing was there was a pack on the table along with a lighter. Jonathan sighed happily as he took both items without anyone noticing before going outside.

He put the cigarette in his mouth, lighting it and blowing out the smoke slowly. It was a cold night, and Jonathan could see his own breath, regardless of the smoke now coming from his lips. He leaned against the railing and looked out into the night. It was pretty, he had to admit that. He heard the door open and close behind him, along with footsteps coming toward him. Jonathan didn't look to see who it was, as he didn't really care.

"I didn't know you smoked."

At that moment, Jonathan remembered why he went to the party. Evan, one of his best friends, had dragged him there. They had gotten separated at one point, leaving Jonathan stuck in a room full of strangers.

"You never asked," Jonathan replied, glancing over and putting the cigarette to his lips once more.

"You do realize that's bad for you, right?"

Jonathan snorted, completely turning to face Evan and blowing smoke in his face, causing Evan to cough.

"Yeah, well, sometimes I need a break from everything," he said before turning back and looking up into the sky again. Evan fell silent.

After a little bit, Jonathan looked at Evan to find him staring at him. Jonathan slowly blew smoke from his lips and lifted an eyebrow. Evan didn't say anything. He only stepped closer to him. "Evan?" Jonathan asked, a little bit confused by the action.

"Cigarettes are addictive, right?" He asked. Jonathan shrugged.

"I mean, yeah. Why?"

"How addictive?"

At this point, Jonathan was fully confused. Had Evan had to much to drink or something? He never knew Evan to drink, but then again, Evan didn't know about his smoking, so it wasn't really his thing to say.

"Um, I don't... Know?"

Evan leaned forward, just so his lips ghosted over Jonathan's. "Well, I'm about to find out." He pushed his lips onto Jonathan's, closing his eyes and caressing Jonathan's face. A couple of second passed before Jonathan did the same.

Jonathan could taste desperation on Evan's lips, but he didn't mind. Evan could taste cigarettes on Jonathan's, but he didn't mind either.

Jonathan wasn't one for parties. But this one was probably the best one he had ever been to.