Time and Death and a Man

Note: Based off of a picture I found on Tumblr. Enjoy!

Pairing: H2OVanCat

The man lay on his bed, sleeping peacefully. His chest rose and fell slowly, each breath he took careful and slow.

Time showed up first. Time was always a bit grumpy; he wanted to do something other than this, but he had to, since it was his job. He was also grumpy because Death always arrived late, and Time wanted to get things done and over with. He never did like this job; in fact, he hated it. But someone had to do it. And that someone just so happened to be him.

Death arrived soon after, nearly tripping over his own feet as he entered the room. Surprisingly, Death was more relaxed than Time. Death always made jokes about his job, which would cause Time to groan and smack him upside the head.

"Sorry I'm late, traffic was killing me, if you know what I mean," he laughed. Time groaned and smacked Death in the back of the head, just as he normally did.

"Quit fooling around, we got a job to do," Time grumbled.

"I thought you never liked doing these?" Death asked as he looked over the sleeping man that was unaware of the conversation, or even their presence.

"I don't. But if you hurry up, we can get this done and over with and I won't end up holding on like I do sometimes. So let's go." Death sighed as he looked back over the man.

"You know, it's sad to see him go," Death admitted. Time snorted at the statement.

"You only say that cause you think he's hot. You don't know sadness until you have to see his life go by," Time sighed. "He was such a good person, too." He sat at the edge of the bed, his hand laying on the man's leg. "Do we have to?" He asked, looking at Death.

"Well, I mean, he was supposed to die today, so-"

"I know, but do we have to?" Death blinked and looked down.

"Well, I mean... No. We don't have to. By why him? I mean, out of all the other people we have to take, why him?" Time looked at his friend before looking at the man.

"Honestly, I don't know. I just... Feel that he should continue on, you know? Everyone else, they had finished their lives. But him? He's just started. I know this may sound crazy, but... Trust me on this, will ya?" Death looked at his friend before smiling softly at him.

"Don't worry, I trust you. But if we're gonna let him go, we've got to do something in order to make sure that your feeling was right."

"And that is?" Death grinned.

"We're gonna have to get close to him." Time blinked before smiling and laughing slightly.

"You know, out of all the stupid ideas you've had, I think this one is actually good. I'll do it." Death's grin grew just as the man started to stir. They both looked at each other before nodding. Death and Time both kissed the man on the head before leaving.

When the man woke up, he had this weird feeling. No matter how hard he thought on the subject, he couldn't place the feeling. So, he just shrugged it off and continued on with his day.