Underwater Kiss (Part 1)

Note: Based off of fanart made by monotonefair on Tumblr. Please check them out! And I hope you enjoy this one-shot!

Pairing: H2OVanoss

"Alright now everybody, there is one exhibit here that isn't open to the public yet, but since you guys bought the passes, you'll be able to see it!" The tour guide exclaimed excitedly. Evan sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

He had never really wanted to go to the aquarium, but since his mother gave him a pass for it and since it was almost expired, he decided to use it because why not? He kinda wished he didn't though, because it was boring as hell.

The tour guide brought them into a room with a giant aquarium in the middle. The only thing was, the aquarium seemed empty. "Now, most people don't believe in this creature, as it was called a 'myth'. But, we have got one here in our aquarium! He's really shy, but eventually we'll see him!" She chirped.

"What is it?" Someone in the crowd asked.

"Just wait," the tour guide replied, winking.

Everyone stood waiting for whatever was supposed to come out. Evan sighed and leaned against the tank, his face squished against the glass. The crowd eventually started talking, so no one was paying attention to the aquarium.

Evan heard a tapping against the glass, and when he turned to see what it was, he was not expecting to see a face staring back at him. Evan jumped back and stared at the creature. The top half of it was human, but the bottom half of it was a tail. A fish tail, to be exact.

"What the..." Evan whispered, staring at it with wide eyes. The merman looked at him curiously, and held a hand up to the glass. Evan slowly put his own hand where the merman's hand was. It smiled and drew back.

"Oh, look! It's here!" The tour guide exclaimed. The merman seemed to panic and swan back behind the coral. Everyone else saw it before it swam away, though. "That's right, we have a merman here! No tricks, no CGI, nothing! We named him Jonathan. If we got behind the tank, there's an area where you can get closer to him! Come on, let's go!"

The tour guide started to lead everyone away, and Evan followed. They got to this little spot where you had to suck to get in it, but it was a bubble where you could 'be' inside of the tank. One by one, people started going in it, trying to see Jonathan. Jonathan never moved from the spot, only cautiously watching from a distance.

Soon, everybody but Evan had been in it. He stood in the back, and the tour guide accidentally missed him when they started to walk away. Evan room this as his chance and got into the little bubble. Jonathan swam up to Evan and put his hand on the glass. Evan repeated the gesture, smiling a little.

Jonathan grinned at him before leaning in slowly and putting his lips on the glass. Evan glanced around a bit before slowly doing the same, as he felt compelled to do so for some reason. Jonathan pulled back, still smiling and pointed to a ladder that led to the top of the tank.

Evan pointed at it and then at himself in a questioning manner, and Jonathan nodded eagerly. Evan looked at the ladder before sighing. If he got kicked out of the aquarium, then oh well. He made his way out of the bubbled and stepped over the sign that said 'For worker use only'.

There was no top to the tank, and that's where Jonathan met him. Jonathan motioned for him to come closer, so Evan leaned forward. Jonathan pulled Evan's face down and kissed him. Evan's eyes widened and before he knew it, Jonathan had pulled him into the tank.

Evan swam back to the top and took a big breath. Jonathan stuck his head out of the water and laughed. Evan glared at him before splashing water at him. Jonathan returned the gesture with his tail, creating a much bigger splash. Evan swam away, or at least tried to.

Jonathan caught up with him and grabbed him before dragging him into the water. He gave Evan the chance to take a deep breath before he did so, though. Jonathan swam circles around Evan in a playful manner. Evan saw the tour group come back, as they were searching for Evan.

Jonathan dragged Evan behind the coral, but someone saw them. Jonathan then dragged Evan back into the open and waved at everyone, nudging Evan. Evan waved a little too before he swam back up to get a breath. After he did that, Jonathan dragged Evan down again by his foot.

He twirled Evan around before kissing him once more. Jonathan then stuck his tongue out to the crowd before dragging Evan behind the coral where they couldn't be seen. The crowd eventually left, and Evan took another breath of air at the top of the tank before Jonathan dragged him down again.

They did this for a while before the workers came up the ladder to get Evan out. When Evan reached his hand out to grab the workers hand, Jonathan dragged him down again, and went up instead. He had a mad look on his face and splashed water at the workers before going under again.

Evan went up again for air, as he didn't expect Jonathan to drag him down again. Jonathan popped his head up again and kissed Evan once more, glaring at the workers as he did so before pulling Evan under again. Soon, though, the workers grabbed Evan out as fast as possible so Jonathan couldn't drag him in again.

Jonathan frowned at them and tried to pull Evan back in, but they pulled Evan back far enough so Jonathan couldn't reach him. Jonathan then had a sad look on his face as they started taking Evan back down the ladder.

Evan got out of their grasp and quickly gave Jonathan a kiss himself. Jonathan blinked before smiling widely and waving a goodbye before he went under the water again. He waved at Evan until Evan left the room.

The workers told Evan that they would've kicked him out for good if it wasn't for the fact that Jonathan seemed to like him a lot. So they told him that he could come in at anytime, and they would give him a card for it.

As Evan walked out of the aquarium, he silently thanked his mother for giving him that pass in the first place.