Blueberries

Tumblr prompt (kinda): "Everything you say tastes like blueberries to me. Do my words taste like your favorite food, too?"

Note: Short one-shot. I hope you enjoy it, though!

Pairing: H2OVanoss

In Evan's school, there was a kid that was a little weird. Actually, he was very weird. Rumors spread that he actually lived in a mental institute, but Evan didn't believe them. In fact, he wanted to find this kid for himself.

His name was Jonathan Denis, and he was in Evan's grade. He wasn't in any of Evan's classes, so that made it hard to find him.

One day at lunch, Evan was by himself, and another kid walked up to him. "Can I sit here?" He asked, fidgeting nervously with his bag. Evan just moved his stuff over, and the boy smiled.

"Thanks. No one let's me sit with them cause I'm too weird..." He admitted. Evan looked back over to the boy.

"Jonathan?" The boy nodded. "Oh. Well, uh, my name's Evan." Jonathan smiled at him once more before grabbing his lunch from his bag.

"Say something." The sudden command made Evan jump a bit.

"What?"

"That's it, keep talking. I wanna see something," Jonathan said, leaning forward.

"Um, what do you want me to say? I mean, I can't think of stuff on a whim-"

"Blueberries."

Evan stopped talking and gave Jonathan a confused look. "What?"

"Blueberries. Everything you say tastes like blueberries to me. Do my words taste like your favorite food, too?"

Evan just stared at Jonathan, unable to answer the question.

"Um..."

"Well?"

"Uh, yeah, everything tastes like pancakes," Evan said, unsure of what else to do. Jonathan smiled and laughed.

"Good." After that, Jonathan quickly changed the subject to video games, which Evan was happy about because he could actually answer the questions.

As time went on, Evan and Jonathan became close friends, even if Jonathan was still a little delirious. Though Evan was curious about the whole 'tasting words' thing.

"What about Tyler?" He asked.

"Bacon."

"Mini?"

"Coffee. Starbucks, I think."

"Marcel?"

"Watermelon."

"Moo?"

"Uh, grapes."

"Brian?"

"Strawberries."

"Nogla?"

"Potatoes, obviously."

Evan laughed. "When did you figure out you could taste people's words?" He asked. Jonathan shrugged.

"I dunno. Probably when I was little. My dad's was toast, and my mom's was soup."

Evan nodded, and continued to ask about the rest of his friends, his focus not really on the answers themselves, but on Jonathan.