Request - Kissing You Goodbye

Note: Requested by @PyroDragon23. I hope you enjoy this angsty one-shot!

Pairing: Septiplier

Mark woke up with Jack in his arms. The green-haired Irish man was sleeping soundly, his hair all over the place and snores coming out of his mouth every once in a while. Mark smiled at the sight before kissing Jack on the head. Jack snuggled closer to Mark, getting a chuckle out of the raven-haired man. Jack yawned and finally opened his baby blue eyes, looking straight into Mark's chocolate ones. "Morning, sleepy head," Mark chuckled, smiling warmly at his lover. Jack sleepily smiled back before yawning and sitting up. He stretched before looking back at Mark, who had sat up as well.

"Mornin'," he replied. Mark kept his smile as he got up out of bed. "Where ya goin' Markimoo?" Jack asked with a whine.

"I'm going downstairs to make breakfast. Would you like to join me, Jackaboy?" Jack smiled and got up, wordlessly following Mark downstairs.

Mark had decided to make pancakes that morning. As Mark kept the pan on the stove, Jack trudged over to Mark, wrapping his arms around Mark's waist as he rested his head on Mark's shoulder. Mark smiled and gave Jack a kiss on the head before going back to the pancakes. "Smells good," Jack mumbled.

"Well, yeah. They're pancakes. And I'm the one making them." Jack giggled and moved to the dining room table, taking a seat in one of the chairs.

Mark soon came over with the pancakes, along with butter and syrup. They both dug in, eating in comfortable silence. Once they were done, they just looked at each other, smiling. That was, until Jack's smile dropped suddenly. "Baby? Are you okay?" Mark asked in a worried tone.

"You do know what today is, right?" Jack asked. Mark thought about that for a second.

What was today? Was it an anniversary? No, he would have remembered. Birthday? No, he knew both of their birthdays. What was-

Mark finally realized what today was.

Today's the day Jack goes back to Ireland.

Mark's eyes widened at the realization. "Oh." His voice was a whisper, as if all of the life had been drained out if him. Jack nodded sadly.

"Mark, I don't want to go, but I miss home." Jack sounded like he was about to cry. Mark couldn't blame him; he was too.

"I know baby, I know. You should probably get ready for your flight now." It broke Mark's heart to say those words, but he knew he had to. Jack understood this and nodded, getting up and giving Mark a kiss on the cheek before going pack upstairs to pack his stuff.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mark and Jack waited nervously for Jack's flight to be called out. They held hands each other's hands tightly as they waited, not wanting to leave each other.

Flight 231 now boarding.

Mark and Jack let out sighs and looked at each other sadly. Mark gave Jack's hand a squeeze, and he smiled a little when he felt one back. "Well, I guess this is goodbye," Mark chuckled awkwardly.

"Yeah. I guess it is." Jack's voice was soft, unlike what it usually does. Mark saw a tear run down Jack's face, causing him to bring Jack into a tight embrace, rubbing circles into his back.

"Shh, calm down baby," he whispered. Jack sobbed into Mark's shoulder, holding on tightly to the back of his shirt. Mark pulled back and caressed Jack's face in his hands, wiping the tears away with his thumbs. "Hey, don't be upset, baby. You've got to go home. You'll feel better when you get there. I'll call you every night, okay?" Jack nodded, sniffling and removing Mark's hands from his face.

Jack then grabbed Mark's face and kissed him. Mark immediately melted into the kiss, his hands going to Jack's lower back while Jack's hands made their way to Mark's hair. They shared a passionate kiss before Mark had to pull back for air.

Jack's face was no longer ridden with tears. He gave Mark a sad smile as he stepped back. "Goodbye, Mark. I love you."

"I love you too, Jack. I love you too."

With that, Jack grabbed his bags and walked away, glancing back at Mark every one in a while. Mark stood there, smiling at him until he was out of sight. Then Mark got his own stuff and walked back to his car to go home.