Trees

Tumblr prompt (kinda): "I never belonged here. I belong in the trees."

Note: Short one-shot. Enjoy!

Pairing: Brynoss

Bryce made his way onto the top of the building, hoping to find his friend. He let out a sigh of relief when he did. "Evan?" He called out. Evan didn't move; he just stayed there, staring out into the trees.

Bryce sighed again and walked up to Evan, sitting next to him. "Bad week?" He asked, looking over to Evan. Evan let out a sigh and dropped his head, glancing over to Bryce.

"Bryce, why am I here?"

Bryce blinked at his friend. "Well, uh, there's this thing called the birds and the bees-"

"You know what I mean."

Bryce became silent for a second. "Well, I mean, I guess God put us here for a task, if you believe in that stuff. If not, then you were put here to do something great. We just have to find it." Evan finally averted his gaze from the trees to look at Bryce.

"I never belonged here. I belong in the trees."

Bryce gave Evan a confused look. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, if God is real, he fucked up my life. I wasn't supposed to be a human being, Bryce; I was supposed to be a bird. A free, flying bird. Like an owl. I belong in the trees." He gave an agitated sigh. "But I can't do that because of society's rules! Be this, be that; why can't I be what I want to be?"

At this point, Evan had started to cry. He looked back at the trees, wiping the tears away. He felt Bryce's arms turn him and pull him into a hug. "Evan, you can be whatever you want. If you want to be a bird, then soar. Just find a way to do it." Evan looked up into Bryce's brilliant, blue eyes.

Evan always lost himself in those eyes. They always reminded him of the beautiful sky, and how if he was a bird, he would be soaring in it.

"And if you did start out as a bird, I wouldn't have been able to meet you, now would I?" Bryce chuckled, wiping the rest of Evan's tears away. Evan just stared into those blue eyes until he saw them close and lean forward.

As soon as their lips collided, Evan's world flew. His heart exploded in his chest, and all his previous sadness had disappeared.

Bryce pulled back, his beautiful blue eyes opening back up. Evan stared into them one more time before his own eyes closed as their lips connected one more time.