Stuffed Animals

Tumblr prompt: Please don't tell anyone that I carry a stuffed animal around with me and even talk to it

Pairing: H2OVanoss

Evan and Jonathan were just hanging out, playing video games. At one point, Jonathan had to go and do something, so he left Evan alone in his room.

It had been a while now and Evan was bored from just playing by himself. It never was as fun when he was alone.

So, to cure his boredom, he started looking around at stuff. Then he got to Jonathan's bookbag. Evan decided to look through it because why not? Plus Jonathan barely ever took the thing off, so might as well.

He opened it up and the first thing he saw was a brown fluffy thing. Curious, he took it out to reveal that it was a teddy bear. It was a traditional one too; y'know, the kind that has brown fur and a red bow tie? Evan smiled as he turned the bear over.

Who knew Jonathan kept a teddy bear with him?

"Hey I'm-" a voice brought Evan back and he turned around to see Jonathan standing there. Evan still had the bear in his hands. "W-where did you get that?" Jonathan asked nervously.

"It was in your bookbag. Why?" Evan asked, confused. Why had Jonathan suddenly began to be worried about it? It was just a stuffed animal after all.

"Why did you go through my stuff?" Evan shrugged.

"I was bored. Why are you so worried about it anyways? It's just a bear." Jonathan stared at Evan.

"You... You don't think it's weird?" Evan looked even more confused.

"Weird? Why would I think it's weird? It's just a teddy bear; hell, I have an owl plushie in my room somewhere!" Jonathan looked at his feet.

"Oh." Jonathan's face began to heat up.

"Why were you so worried about it?" Jonathan was silent for a second before answering.

"I don't know... I guess I just thought that you might think it was weird for a high schooler to be carrying around a teddy bear all the time..." He answered shyly. Evan looked at him like he was crazy.

"Dude, it's fine, trust me. No one's gonna judge you for it, so I don't see the problem with it," he said reassuringly. Jonathan was silent. Evan sighed and gave his friend a hug.

"If it makes you feel any better, I won't tell anyone else about it." Jonathan's eyes lit up as he hugged Evan back.

"Really? Thanks, man." Evan rolled his eyes while smiling.

"No problem."

"Oh, since the whole 'teddy bear' thing is out now, can I tell you something else?"

"Go for it."

"I sometimes talk to it too."