The Boy

Note: Based off of a picture I found on Tumblr. Enjoy!

Pairing: H2OVanoss

There once was a boy named Jonathan. Jonathan was a lonely boy. Well, kinda. He always had this little raccoon that followed him around all the time. Jonathan also liked to read. In fact, he loved to read.

Everyday he would go to the bookstore and borrow a book from there. The store owner stopped questioning it after a while. I mean, Jonathan always brought the book back by the end of the day, so it wasn't a big deal. Once Jonathan got the book, he went back home.

Now, Jonathan's home was a lot different than what you might think. His home was a low-lying tree that the leaves on the branches covered. He would climb through the brush (which always left some scratches on him) and would sit on the branch, getting comfortable with his pet raccoon and start to read. This was his normal routine, and Jonathan liked it.

Well, most of the time.

Sometimes, Jonathan would wish for something else to happen. Something extraordinary, something exciting.

But it usually never came. It was a little sad, but Jonathan got used to it after a little while.

That was, until the boy showed up. This boy always saw Jonathan, and was curious as to where his parents were. He never saw them around, which was odd, considering the fact that his parents wouldn't even let him cross the street without holding his hand. There was also that little raccoon that always followed Jonathan. Weren't raccoon supposed to be wild animals?

One day, the boy decided to go check it out. His parents were talking to some other adults, so he figured it would be okay to go on his own since he wouldn't be gone for long.

He saw Jonathan start to walk down the little path that led into the forest, and the boy started following. He saw Jonathan walk all the way to the tree and move the brush over so he could get it. The boy stared at the spot where Jonathan went in and walked up to it. "Hello?" The boy asked.

Jonathan jumped and nearly dropped his book when he heard the voice. How did they find him? Jonathan moved the brush to see the boy staring up at him. Jonathan sighed silently, glad that it was a kid younger than him and not an adult. "Hi there! What are you doing over here?" Jonathan asked, moving the branches so he could see the boy more.

"I was wondering where you went everyday, so I followed you. Where are your parents?" Jonathan's heart sank and his smile faltered.

"My... My parents?" The boy nodded.

"Yeah. Are they around here?" Jonathan stayed silent for a moment.

How would he tell this kid that his parents were dead?

"Um... My parents are on a trip right now, and they won't be back for a while!" Jonathan lied, forcing a smile.

The boy frowned, as he felt something was wrong with the smile he got. "Then why are you living in a tree?" Jonathan's fake smile fell. He sighed and motioned for the boy to come sit next to him. The boy did as he was told and sat down next to him. The raccoon sat in the boy's lap, causing the boy to giggle and pet it.

"What's your name, kid?" Jonathan asked.

"Evan."

"Alright, Evan. Do you really wanna know what happened to my parents? I mean, it's a long story, and I don't think you would wanna hear it." Evan blinked.

"Are you parents in the same place as my grandma?"

"What?"

"Are your parents in the same place as my grandma? My parents said that my grandma is in a place that we can't get to yet cause you have to do enough good things before you can get to it. Is that where they are?"

Jonathan looked over at Evan before smiling sadly. "Yeah, that's where they are."

"Oh." Evan looked down at the raccoon that was still in his lap.

"How's you get the raccoon?" He asked, petting its head lightly.

"Well, it's kind of a long story, but it's one that I'm willing to tell." Evan smiled and nodded, clapping his hands excitedly.

"Tell the story, tell the story!" Jonathan smiled and got more comfortable before he started telling Evan about how he found the little raccoon that he had named Delirious.