House (Part 1)

Tumblr prompt: The music box chimes softly

Note: I'm sorry (?) That's all I'm gonna say. But other than that, please, enjoy!

Pairing: H2OVanoss

Evan walked around the house quietly, trying not to make a sound. Somehow, he had gotten caught in this horror house alone, and he was terrified. The only thing he had with him was a flashlight, and sometimes, it didn't even work.

As of right now, he was upstairs. The back door needed a key, and all of the windows were locked tight. The house was huge, so there was a lot to cover. Evan soon made it into one of the bedrooms; the nursery, to be exact.

There was a crib in the middle of the room, and a bunch of toys were scattered around the floor. Evan would have thought of it as normal if the toys weren't broken along with the crib and if the walls weren't covered in what looked like blood. Evan gulped as he walked further into the room.

Evan's foot knocked into something, making him freeze. Then he heard it; music. He looked down to see a little music box. Evan picked it up and turned it around in his hands. The music box chimed softly. Evan smiled a little, forgetting for a second that he should be trying to get out of there. He put it in his pocket and searched the drawers that were next to the crib.

Evan sighed and turned around. He nearly screamed at the sight in front of him. There was a man with a hockey mask and a knife standing in front of him. Evan froze in his spot as the man slowly walked towards Evan.

The man lifted up his mask to reveal clown makeup underneath. "I think you've got something of mine," the man said calmly. Evan gulped and slowly took the music box out of his pocket. The man smiled and took it from Evan. The man then put his hands on Evan's face, caressing it. Evan's vision slowly started to go black as the man leaned in closer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Daddy! Daddy!" The little three-year-old giggled. Jonathan walked into the room with a big smile on his face.

"Let's go get daddy," he said excitedly. The three-year-old giggled again and lifted up her arms. Jonathan picked her up and walked into the living room. "Oh, Evan! Someone's excited to see you!" Jonathan called. Evan walked out from the bedroom and grinned.

"Come here, baby girl!" He said, taking his daughter from his husband.

"Daddy! Daddy! Guess what? Today I got to pick out another stuffed animal!" She exclaimed, her eyes shining.

"Oh, really? And what is it this time?" Evan asked. Jonathan grabbed a stuffed animal from the couch and gave it to the three-year-old.

"It's an owl!" She giggled. Evan's smile grew even wider.

"Do you have any idea how much I love owls?" He asked. The little girl shook her head.

"No..." She said, even though she knew full well how much her father liked owls.

"I love them this much!" Evan showered her with a bunch of kisses, making her scream in joy. Jonathan laughed and brought a teddy bear out.

"Now teddy has a friend!" He said. The little girl grabbed the teddy bear and made the two stuffed animals kiss.

"This is mommy and daddy!" She giggled. Evan started laughing and looked over at Jonathan.

"I think I know which one is the woman here," he winked. Jonathan rolled his eyes as the three-year-old began to yawn.

"Oh, what's that? I think it's bed time, young lady," Jonathan said. The little girl started to pout.

"But I don't wanna! I wanna stay up with you!" She exclaimed.

"You'll be able to stay up tommorow, okay sweetie? But now you need to go to bed," Evan said as he carried her into her bedroom.

After he tucked her in and kissed her goodnight, Evan turned to his husband. "I think you did good today babe," he said as he kissed Jonathan. Jonathan laughed and kissed his husband back.

"I think I did good, too. And you have no idea how much I've missed you," he said as he wrapped his arms around Evan's shoulders. Evan chuckled as he led them into their bedroom.

"I bet I have an idea. Now come on, let's go to bed," Evan said. Jonathan smiled warmly at him as they walked into their bedroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that night, Jonathan woke up to the sound of his daughter crying. "Babe, it's your turn tonight," Jonathan mumbled. Evan didn't respond. Jonathan sighed and rolled over, lightly pushing Evan. "Ev, wake up." Jonathan was about to turn the light on when the baby stopped crying. Jonathan sighed and let his hand wander down Evan's torso.

Only then did Jonathan feel the wet liquid on his fingers. Confused, Jonathan turned on the light, only to scream.

Evan laid beside him, dead, eyes wide open and blood trickling out of his mouth, along with the wound on his stomach.

Jonathan covered his mouth as tears started to run down his face. Then Jonathan remembered the baby and immediately got up, running towards her room.

The sight in front of him made Jonathan nearly drop to his knees.

The baby was gone, and the room was completely destroyed. The toys were scattered across the floor and the crib was broken. Jonathan hoped to god that the blood on the wall wasn't his daughters. Jonathan took slow steps forward when his foot hit something.

He looked down to see the music box that always calmed his daughter down when neither him or Evan could calm her down. Jonathan fell to his knees, sobbing. He eventually fell completely onto the floor, passed out, clutching the music box in one hand and his wedding ring in the other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Evan woke up in a room that he'd never seen before. Confused, he sat up, looking around frantically. The door opened and Evan jumped, looking in that direction.

The man from before stood there, standing in the doorway. Instead of being afraid like before, Evan felt something else. He felt as if he knew this man, like... He had a deep connection with him.

The man walked up to him and lifted his mask once more. Evan brought his hands to the man's face, and every single memory that the man had flooded into Evan. Evan's eyes widened. "Jonathan..." He whispered. Jonathan smiled at him, putting his own hands over Evan's.

They then heard the front door open. Evan and Jonathan's heads whipped towards the noise. Evan didn't realize it at first, but he had started to growl. Jonathan did too. They both got up, hand in hand. Evan rubbed his thumb over Jonathan's knuckles before letting go and grabbing a hockey stick from the closet and the ring that was on the dresser, putting it on.

He didn't know why he knew where those were; all he did know was there was someone in his house. In his and Jonathan's house. And Evan wasn't about to have another repeat of the last time someone did that. He saw Jonathan grab a knife out of the corner of his eye. Evan gave Jonathan a quick kiss before they split their separate ways.

Whoever was in their house wasn't about to get away with it.