nine

gain and I walked into the building,

"reservation for song."

the waitress guided us to our reserved table where more of my family was waiting.

gain sat with our parents while i greeted the rest of the relatives properly.

after giving all of my respects i turned to sit.

everyone either talking or stuffing their faces.

i took that time to place some kimchi on the little grill.

"mind putting me on one?"
glancing up a dark haired stood and really at this point i shouldn't be surprised.

"yoongi what are you doing here?"

yoongi  shrugged and sat just across from me. my father pointing at him from a few seats down.

"he's here because I told him to come. no random ass boy is going to start dating my daughter and not even talk to her father. as far as we know i might hate this punk."

"actually we're not dating...yet." yoongi corrected him and placed his own meat on the grill with mine.

my father leaned back and blinked while i did my best not to laugh at his expression.

"yet? after all this time you haven't asked my baby out? so you're one of those punks with commitment issues huh?"

i honesty could say i was surprised by how calmly yoongi was taking this.

"actually." yoongi sat up a littenstraighter and seemed to be looking at me more so than my father; which was awkward considering that i just shoved my food in my mouth.

" i was asked so graciously by your daughter to resist the desire to ask her out until after she's graduated."

he leaned back on his arm and sounded as if he was recalling these things more for my benefit than anyone else, a daunting tease of a smile playing on his lips.

i gave him a silent sneer and continued to eat.

resist the desire? why does he have to make it sound like it was just so hard not to ask me out?

"i supposed when she strives for something she doesn't let anything get in the way of that."

why does that sound so snide?

yoongi lowered his head to meet my eyes."right cupcake?" his tongue slyly peakabooing out of his mouth.

where has this side of him come from? all this attitude and cheekiness.

my father grunted and narrowed his eyes before he continued eating and everyone went on about their meal.

and for the next fourty minutes neither me nor him spoke.