thirty nine

it was huge, the stage was a entirely different world from backstage. and the grand piano was the only body that dwelled in this place constantly.

the building had since emptied out and I was left on my own.
it was just me..and this emptiness.

stepping forward, the tapping of my heels ring throughout the building. kinda sounded like music.

and I don't know what, or why. but a force inside me began to stir up and mummer. a voice leaned in my ear as if confessing my deepest thoughts and filling the emptiness with all of my secret desires.

proudly I threw myself in temptation's hands. pushing my body forward and running across the stage, laughing when I realized there was no one around to tell me to stop.

no one to watch me, no one to impress or respect, I could say anything. everything.

"I have a celebrity crush on youngjae, high school sucked and I'm proud to have a son!"

I don't know how I must've looked. but my eyes widened as I circled the stage, looking up at all the dark lights. cheeks feeling beautifully sore as a grin stretched against them.
I felt freedom.

"dance." the voice told me.

I looked to the ground like a foreigner in a strange land, questioning the voice. I didn't dance.

"dance.". it pulled at my heart and this weird feeling decided to take over me, I felt possessed by a beautiful spirit.

it guided me in a dance I knew not of.

spinning with no idea what would happen next, but my excitement made it seem so enjoyable I didn't mind how unskillful I was.

somehow my body ended up on the floor, smiling and chest falling.
I wanted to do so much more.
I stood up and turned.

yoongi stood right infront of me.
"don't stop now." he took my hand and found my waist. holding them both and bringing me closer.

neither of us were obvious dancers but we found ourselves ingulfed in some other body experience. these urges I never yurned for suddenly becoming all I wanted.

and then it released me, the desire was pushed aside by my own doubts and I was brought back to reality and in his arms.
his cheeks dewy and eyes glazed over. in a split second I seen my desire to kiss him. and he must've heard my wish for he leaned in, lips barely brushed mine.

but my desire was arrested and I turned my head away. too soon. don't move so fast,

glancing back yoongi was no longer there, but someone else. stepping back I get a heat in my lungs, holding my breath as I looked at the man.

he smiled, shoving his hands into his pockets."I guess I got a little carried away huh?"

there was this unspoken sense of loyalty between yoongi and I. and I almost ruined it by accidentally nearly kissing..jungkook.

and jungkook seemingly understood for he leaned in and spoke."Im not who you thought I was, was I?"

I shook my head slowly.

"well it's alright, I was moving too fast anyway." he offers a small smile, slowly sitting himself against the stage and paying beside him. I followed suit and sat.

"I said I wanted us to catch up even though I know that was kind of sudden and I don't want you to answer me, but just listen. I heard that you've spent the last few months with your friend..um.. yoongi."

he licked his lips and sighed, clasping his hands together.

"I'll admit that when I found out I was kind of jealous, since you left for uni I was..I don't know..I missed you perhaps."

he paused, rubbing the back of his head roughly, he looked almost pained by his own voice.

"I've been feeling really guilty about something ever since you left. I know I didn't give you the best impression of me in school.. I was a kid. I was just like everyone else; we were raised to believe that being a young parent was bad,"

he paused. and I rubbed my hands together, heart racing.

" so I was relieved when you said chanhee wasn't your kid because it meant I could like you without worrying about dishonoring my family."

I suppose it made sense, adults in korea were serious about stuff like that. you could easily ruin a family's reputation by dating someone who already had kids.

"I didn't know any better and i'm sorry if I put you in an awkward place back then, and I felt really shitty about that. I hate it even more that I never treated you the way you deserved to be treated. I know i'm not any competition for yoongi and i'm not going to try to be. but since we're here now..I want to make a better impression on you."