fourteen

"miso...miso!"

"call me by my name one more time and you will die."

silence, i didn't have to look to know that gain was rolling her eyes.

she wasn't the best at respecting honorifics when it came to me; probably because i was never strict on her about it.

"unnie...what time does that plane leave?"

i rolled over in my bed,hugging the blanket to my chest. "i don't know...like five in the morning."

silence.

eventually i heard that patting of feet moving away from me and then silence reigned once again until the patting returned.

i heard a small thump and my mattress shifted, gain was leaning on my bed.

"so...you're really not going? because it's almost three.."

"what!?"

somehow my body shot up on its own and i turned to my sister, eyes wide. please tell me i heard wrong.

she shrugged and stepped off my mat.

"yeah and it's going to take at least an hour for you to even get to the airport, and you're going to have to go through security so you really only have a less than an hour to get ready."

"no no no no!"

my body moved without my acknowledgement, i ran from room to room, nearly slipping several times as i opened my suitcase and grabbed my toothbrush, comb and beauty supplies.

all while being quiet enough not to wake my parents.

i brushed my teeth and attempted to comb my hair simultaneously, running back to my room i tried to find my clothes but was too frazzled to think straight.

"gain, please without waking up mom and dad; go wake up your brother so he can help me get my things to the car and please pick out something for me to wear!"

i did my best to look presentable, but i was stressed out. this is why i need to plan things!

I unbraided my hair and it was...a different look to say the least, i considered fixing it but decided against the idea.

i've learnt years ago that my hair will always be a struggle in itself if i try to force it to do something it doesn't want.

running back into my room i see my clothes laid out and slip them on.

thankfully my sister made things easy for me. just a large t shirt dress and tennis shoes.

I checked for my purse and almost speed walked to the car.

both of my siblings stood outside, minho rubbing his eyes and putting his round glasses on while gain rubbing her arms.

minho hands me the car keys and i take them, quickly giving him and my sister kisses on their foreheads.

"so what do we do if they ask about you?" minho grunted, still trying to wipe the sleep from his eyes.

"uhm..." i look up at the sky, hoping a answer would come from above.

"just..just be honest with them ok? answer whatever they ask you but don't tell them more than what they need to know. don't tell them anything about a boy and I don't know how long i'll be away so if they ask tell them that you don't know."

suddenly gain started to chuckle, the morning air must be toxic to her.

"what's so funny?"

"what if you and your boyfriend had to share a hotel room? dad would murder you!" her cruel laughter caused her to  bend over her and hold her stomach.

our brother's eyes widened and he looked to me.
"I don't want you sleeping with him!" minho declared in a moment of shock and dismay at gain's thoughts; his own unpleasant.

no brother wants his sister to be with another guy.

i gave him a quick hug and chuckled; feeling slightly less stressed."don't worry about me ok? you both have my number so you can check in."

i remind them as i step into the car.

"keep us updated!" gain called and waved as i started the engine and started to pull out.

"i'm serious noona! get separate rooms!"