fourty

I didn't know what to say or what to even do. I was shocked. after jungkook poured out his heart he decide to give me some space and I  took it eagerly.

but it wasn't enough for him to leave, the entire building felt smaller, like it was pressing me into a corner.

I had to step out.

taking my jacket, crossed the line between the air conditioning and the night air, sucking in a deep breath.

walking along the concrete pavement I wrapped my arms around myself; even with the jacket it was still a bit cold.

I kept walking until I came across a bench and sat down.

"why now? why him? why do this now?"

grunting, I toss my head back; accidentally bumping my head on the back of the bench.

"ow~,"

"—hey you really shouldn't attack the bench, what did it ever do to you?"

glancing up a girl with a cotton candy pixie cut sat beside me, tossing a handful of sour candy into her mouth.

our eyes met and she offered me the box of the sweet treats. "what's the matter peaches?"

I always told chanhee not to take food from strangers..but i'm not chanhee.

I gladly accept the treat and pop it into my mouth sighing, treating it as if it were a shot of soju. taking a moment I give a second look at the southern bell considering. I supposed I could tell her what's on my mind. it's not like i'm going to see her again.

"do you want the polite answer or the real deal?"

"baby if it ain't real rosiè don't want it, and that applies to friendships, diamonds and people who need to get somethin' off their chest."

I couldn't help but laugh, her accent was the cutest but it was obvious that she was atleast my age if not a bit older.

"where are you from?"

"right here in japan, people tend to assume i'm from the usa because my accent. now spill."

"alright so I'm not from japan, I came here with this guy who wanted me to travel with him so I could get to know him better."

"—and let me guess, you knock his socks right off of him hmm? he thinks you're the cutest little rose and he just wants to put you in a little vase on his night stand?"

something about the way she talks just lightened up my mood though I had no idea how to respond to it.

"hehe,I suppose. and today another guy showed up that I used to have a really big crush on."

rosè bobbed her head, carefully picking out the green pieces of candy.

"and that's not even the biggest part. I..legally speaking I am the mom of the first guy's son. I have been his legal mom for the last two years. this year I just turned twenty one. so I feel a lot of pressure."

rosè reached over, wiping my eyes that had started to tear up.

"I almost feel obligated to his father because I don't want him to grow up with a mother who was never around. already his birth parents were complete garbage to him. and now chanhee has a second chance. and I don't want to mess it up for him. at the same time I want to make sure that I take care of myself so that i'm not miserable for the rest of my life because i'm with a guy that I don't love."

"—hey hey breath now sugar.."

I hiccuped my words, trying to get it all out.

"seriously darlin I don't understand you, something about parents not knowing and something about not being liked? stop just stop pumpkin!"

her hands clasped over my mouth, eyes wide, she only moved when I seem calm, or calmer atleast. I started releasing my knotted energy by shaking my leg nervously, biting my thumb.

"it sounds to me like you got some big things to figure out...why don't we go walk it out?"

slowly rosè stood, hooking her arm with mine as if I was too emotional to stand. quickly I got up, not wanting to look too helpless.