twelve

"i'll think about it."

"that's what you told him?!"

gain looked at me with a disgusted sneer, popping a piece of candy in her mouth.

"stop looking at me like that." i groan and pout."how can you look so sour while eating something so sweet?"

my baby sister shrugged, sucking on the treat. "talent."

she laid back on her mattress and i rolled mine out from my old bedroom closet.

my parents said i could move back in with them until i find a apartment so i've moved back into my old bedroom that me and my sister shared.

"you make romance stories look like trash you know that? you're supposed to run away with him like in the books."

"all of this is just too last minute for me..I wouldn't have time to consult mom and dad, get everything i need to travel for who knows how long and i don't know where i'm going to stay."

"sounds perfect to me. i think it'll be a good change of pace for you. all you ever do is schedule and plan stuff. just go with the flow and everything will turn out alright."

i chuckled and loosened my hair, turning to sit on my mattress and looking to my sister who  popped another piece of candy in her mouth and crawled over to braid it.

"gain this isn't a fairytale, things don't just fall in place and work themselves out."

"why not? it can be a fairytale if you let it be." she ruffled my hair and messaged my scalp before parting the hair.

"instead you hand life a script and tell it to follow the guidelines."

a moment of silence  filled the space as she braided before i felt her hands broke away from me and she rolled back onto her own bed.

"i seriously think you should just go..i'm just saying that you should really think about it, i mean this guy really like you and he bluntly said that he wants you to see him for who he is. if that's not romantic then what is?"

she pointed out before pulling over her covers, turning around and plugging her earphones in.

i turned as she slept and shook my head against my pillow. "you make everything sound so straight forward.."