fifty two

he reached for my hand and I stiffened, locking my legs together and shaking my head, glancing up I could see the projection screens displaying yoongi's side profile as he held his hand behind the curtain.

he motioned for me to come to him, I kept shaking my head, squeezing chanhee harder as my protection, as my excuse and escape.

this wasn't the same as before, in japan it was dark, I was alone and no one I knew was around.

here it was bright, the cameras were on and every breath I took could be recorded. I wasn't alone. korea was watching.

"yoongi..please don't draw attention to me.."

his chuckle rang into the microphone."are you scared? don't be."

gently he steps behind the velvet drapes and grabs chanhee from me, setting his feet to the ground. he then turned to me and rested his palms beneath mine, they were soft and the cool began to calm my nerves.

"just pretend you're by yourself..act like it's just you dancing in that empty building."

my eyes widened. "how did you—?"

"jungkook told me everything."

he leans forward, breathing against my lips."everything."

I would've thought he'd be angry. but he wasn't. or atleast he hid it well. slowly he starts to walk backwards back into the eye of the crowd,coaxing me out.

they roared as his appearance and I my legs became locks again. and only after yoongi passes me a soft sympathetic glance were they able to move freely once again.

the lights of the stage gleam in my eyes, the stage echoing more than I recall. the dead silence that hovered in the air as I stepped out from my protection made my stomach sink.

I could feel their watchfulness. ducking behind yoongi. I pressed my face to the back of his blazer.

"It's okay.."

he turned to the crowd, lifting the headset to his lips."she's so shy...isn't she cute?"

a pause. and then a sudden unison, a voice began to mummer within the crowd, the mummer turned to soft spoken, and soon it was being shouted.

"fighting unnie, fighting unnie!" it was cute, they didn't know my name and yet they were cheering for me. trying to coax me out just as badly as yoongi had.

peaking over yoongi's shoulder they started to shout and holler more from seeing my face. I smiled and adventured farther.  until I stood at yoongi's side. the crowd cheering.

"now I know you guys don't know this, but this young woman is known for being able to calm people down. especially when they're nervous."

yoongi licked his lips, turning to the audience with a soft nod."I don't know about you but I'm very nervous for tonight, knowing it's my last show and I have to make it good. I think this is a good time to have someone like her by my side, is that okay?"

cheers, piercing my ears until I could hardly make out any words being spoke.

gently yoongi's lips broke into a grin, guided me towards his piano. he sat and gestured beside himself. I followed.