twenty one

i stepped out of the crowd and onto the streets; stained with gas and other unknown substances, a wrapper crunched beneath my shoe.
maybe if i stood away from everyone than i could see him.

shriekkkk.

eyes widened as a car stopped in front of me, a gruff looking man stuck his head out the window, mouth moving heavily, i didn't understand but his eyes brows were knotted together and he threw up his middle finger.

i stepped back and he immediately sped off.

new yorkers know what they want, and they don't mind being blunt and demanding to get it. being basic didn't get anyone noticed here.

I looked about, i was becoming anxious now and it took a lot just for me not to cry.

"how can  a short non english speaking asian girl get noticed in a busy high road full of people who barely take time out of their day to sip a cup of tea?"

i walked out into the street again. i don't know why. but i did.

skriekkk.

hooooonk.

i turned my head to a taxi driver, he threw his hands up and looked at me as if i were brain dead.

"i have places to be lady, move!"

i watched him as he attempted to swerve around me, only to stop because he couldn't without running me over.

he was being far too dramtic, i was going to move out of the way but he acted as if i were just such an inconvenience for him...i mean i probably was but he didn't have to act like it.

and it was obvious that he had road rage, something i didn't like very much at all even in korea, it was dangerous and unnecessary.
as he continued to shout i only watched him.

"i'm getting tired of everyone attitudes."
he practically beat his horn at me the way his hand kept slamming down on it.

"doesn't anyone now how to be polite?"
i crossed my arms, i can't find my guide, i'm away from home, and the last thing i need is for absolute strangers to be rude to me.

so i didn't move.

hooooonnnnk hooooonk honk hoonk honnnk

i noticed that there were several cars behind the taxi driver; all having stopped because he was in their way.

...and i was in his..

"they stopped because of me everyone...stopped..."

a smile twitched on my lips and i walked over to the taxi car, quickly jumping on the hood and on top of the motorized mechanic.

i could see farther, and could cover more area than before.

the taxi driver got out and began shouting at me. soon several other car owners got out and began shouting.

the scene apparently peculiar enough to slow down the sidewalk some as they looked up at me.

i have people's attention.

"yoongi! yoongi where are you?!"
i called out several times.

"miso stay right there!"

i looked up but couldn't see anyone. still i heard what i heard and decided to obey the voice.  sitting down on the roof of the car, i waited.

eventually i noticed him. peaking out from the crowd,  his phone still in hand, he walked into the streets, pressing the device to his ear with his shoulder and using both hands to help me down.

when my feet touched the grimy street my savior lifted his hand to the people i had forced to stop, almost like an apology.

the man grumbled but i supposed didn't have time to press anything farther, because he looked to his watch and immediately jumped into his car; speeding off before someone else decided to dance all over it.

yoongi took my hand, squeezing as he felt my presence. he still was on the phone but he definitely held me tighter than before.

and i got this odd adrenaline rush. 
i stopped traffic in new york, isn't that exciting?