fifteen

the drive to the airport wasn't unpleasant, it being so early that most wheels weren't rolling against the flawed and cracked man made road, my tires just beside the stripped yellow lines.

but the unending silence and alone time only encouraged the butterflies in my stomach to flutter with all the more passion  a little anxious and a pit of lonesomeness sunk into the gulp of my stomach.

"ish...what am i going to say when i see him?" i asked as if my imaginary friends would return from my childhood to help me in my time of need.

i pulled into the airports parking lot and stepped out of the car, checking the seats multiple times before locking the doors. i would have to trust that no one welcomes theirselves to a test drive while i'm away.

walking around and popping the trunk and pulled out my suitcase, my carry-on would be my backpack purse.

rolling the wheels against the dark pavement i come to duck under the airport bus stop. waiting beside a older man who was tapping his phone screen and secretly watched as a couple also headed our way.

"perhaps i'll tell him...that i really wanted to be with him."

no too...needy, gives off unnecessary impressions.

the bus's wheels slowly turn the corner and arrives at my stop, opening the doors; the old man inside steps down and smiles, the wrinkles and folds of his face making him look just like a cute kimchi shop owner who teaches his grandkids the art of kimchi.

"I'll take this for you."

though i hesitated in making do the work he soon had already loaded my bag into his vehicle and grinned; gesturing me in.

one step closer to him.