eight

"how's things at home?"
i drove along the street, my sister in the front seat beside me. even now i can remember when she was totally petrified of me getting my drivers license.

"fine, we found this stray cat and we may keep him. dad took him to the vet to see if he has any diseases or anything and if he's all good they'll let us keep him."

i scratched my head and brushed the stray hairs from my face only for the outside wind to blow it back.

"but isn't minho allergic to cats?"

"no i don't know what's up with him honestly."

the sound of the traffic filled our ears as i turned onto another street.

"you know your boyfriend is really cute. he dresses really nice too."

"oh is that so?" i ask with a raised eyebrow. even though yoongi wasn't my boyfriend i didn't argue against the point.

"yeah. and i think any guy who can get a job, take care of a kid and still have time to have romantic feels for a piece of work like you is definitely a keeper."

knitting my eyebrows, i turned to her and scrunched up my nose.

"a piece of work? what's that supposed to mean?"

gain raises her hands and shrugged, quickly fixing her bangs in the car mirror.

"i'm just saying that it wouldn't hurt for you to at least act like you know the dating game."

"eh?"

"come on, you are always working, or playing with little kids. you never gossip with other girls or read romantic novels or anything. i know because your diary sucks."

"hey!"

"i'm just saying, because you've never looked at or done anything romantic before that when this guy pops the question or even tries to kiss you you're going to make it so difficult that it's going to give me so much second hand embarrassment."

"i don't see the problem." i chuckle as i turn on the freeway.

"i mean come on you could've atleast let him visit while you were in college so he'd know that you're still interested in him."

"but i wanted my work to be my priority."

"ok fine but also it wouldn't kill you to already act like you know you have good features."

"huh?" i look into the car mirror at my makeup and hair, pouting.

"i thought i looked good today."

"yeah today. for a special event and i bet a friend helped because we all know you can't draw eyeliner. but what about every other day of the week when you're slouching around as you don't realize just how great you are. people love people with self confidence."

i parked at the bar and diner and looked to my sister, cocking my head.

"what are you trying to say from all of this?"

"i'm saying i want my big sister to be confident and think that she's beautiful all the time even when others don't. i know you can't help looking for approval since you're the oldest and people judge you the harshest."

i sat still and looked down at the wheel.

"is that why you almost didn't help take care of your boyfriend's son?"

i nodded."yeah...but i realized that his son meant more to me than people's opinions."

my little sister smiled, and i smiled back."let's go eat okay?"