fifty three

I pulled up at my parents house, stepping out of the car in the late evening, still tingling from the concert. one weird thing about being out of school is that you don't really have anywhere to call home. you kind of just crash at someone else's place for a while you know?

still minho was the first one to welcome me back, rushing outside  he sat me down on the curb and  started checking my face and arms. despite being the little brother I'd swear he acted like the oldest when it came to me.

"why do you keep leaving? you'll give me a heart attack one day. I can't take anymore adventure from you. please tell you're not planning anything else like adopting a horse?" he groans.

I nodded, letting him inspect me; knowing he probably couldn't sleep for months.
minho was that type of guy, he worries about people constantly and if something is out of his control he works himself up.

"don't worry..for now," I chuckled and ruffled his hair."no more school, no traveling and no more surprises."

I watched his anxiousness eased and he broke his lips into a low cut smile. kneeling on the curb he rested his head in my lap, taking off his glasses and simply breathing.

"miso!" turning my head, gain stood outside, walking out before widening her steps to be beside me.

"hey wanna see our cat?"

"Ish don't show her that thing."

"shut up minho."

she raised the a cat up over minho's head for me to see. the feline blinked and licked its lips; and I leaned back, feeling a bit uncomfortable with its glassy eyes.

"gain get that ugly thing away from me, you know i'm allergic!"

"no you're not stop lying, it's a ugly look on you."

"speaking of lying..how'd things go with governors?" I lowered my voice, recalling how I had asked them to keep my trip secret and then my mom called using gain's phone. I felt bad knowing that they got caught.

"we were grounded for two months, mom almost said three but since minho's the angel she didn't."

"and dad just kept saying the same thing over and over–he prayed that you'd come home safe, and mom was on your side of you and gain's room most of the time...I think she cried a few times and slept in your bed, they really have been missing you."

I nodded, swallowing the knot in my throat. "well i'm sorry I got you two in trouble... I think I'd better go inside and tell mom and dad i'm back."

nodding, the two got up and we walked to the front door, opening it; eyes widened as my parents stood on the other side, caught watching us from the peephole.

no one moved. we all just stood kind of facing off. wondering what would happen. none of the child would move. we wanted to know what our parents were thinking.

my dad was the first to react, a grin as big as his cheeks could make them, and his teeth were on full display. "when will you stop growing up huh? stop growing without me to see it. eight months plus four years of college..just stay home a while okay?"

I chuckled and nodded."okay."

turning, mom watched me ,biting her finger while thinking."those new clothes?"

"yes."

"you bought them?"

"no, yoongi did."

she paused, nodding her head silently."it looks pretty."

glancing up her hair sways with her quick movements."he took care of you well, I'll have to thank him for that."

stepping forward she welcomed me into her arms and squeezed with her love. I could relax a little, I was on good terms with everyone though it wasnt sappy it was my family's way.