fifty seven

"It's okay. everyone gets nervous but as soon as you see him you'll be okay."

I stopped working. I don't know how, but I stopped working. I forgot how to walk, how to talk. I stood and the only thing working was my mind, recalling that scene in my head. I told them I was ready but as soon as they tried to start I froze. you're not special...

jimin sighed, checking his watch. "it's almost time..I'll go talk to someone else. perhaps they can help you feel better."

he left me and I stood, I didn't look around or move. I held my flowers and stood there.

"she won't come out, she looks really shaken up."

"why would she be shaken? what happened? l-let me go talk to he—"

"no! you're not supposed to see her before the ceremony."

"that's my fiancée we're talking about..and if she's hurting I'm going to check on her,ceremony or not..just tell me what happened."

I heard mumbling followed by footsteps from the reception hall, the tapping of shoes before the grand doors swung open the guests turned around to see me;  only then did I start to react; eyes watering,the bouquet of flowers shaking in my hands.

feeling a soft touch on my hair. yoongi' face was blurred from my tears but I knew it was him. I felt sick as I ruined what was supposed to be a surprise reveal to him. he was supposed to see me and fall in love again like they do in the movies but instead I'm standing, broken.

you're not special...

"hey..look at me..". I try to fight the oncoming tears, suddenly feeling so much like a burden to the makeup artist who worked so hard. If I kept this up the wedding would be postponed, the vendors would leave , and both of families would have wasted a day for nothing, all because I was such an emotional wreck who gets shook up over the smallest things.

"she really hurt you didn't she?"
I nodded, sniffing.  he dabs his fingers under my eyes, catching my tears as they fell.
slowly he brushed his palms over my cheeks, beneath my hair and he cups my ears.

"hear no evil." he mouths before covering my vision."see no evil." lastly he cups his palm over my mouth and smiles."speak no evil."

sucking in a breath I nod and he reaches for my wrists, guiding my hands to his ears. "hear no evil." I cover his eyes; feeling him movements as my palms rested on his skin."see no evil.". dragging my finger to his lips I stop in a hushed motion."speak no evil."

hear no evil..
you're not special...

you're not spec..

you're not...

you're...

"you're my special girl you know that?"

am I? am I your special girl?

"I think I really realized how special you were to me during those eight months when you were in college...when I couldn't see you..for eight months you were always on my mind. I daydreamed a lot, more than once I found myself looking at wedding rings, wondering which ones we would wear if we were married."

his fingers twirled on the veil push back on my hair, the mesh soft on his hand.

"I tried not to think about it, tried not to make that  mistake of rushing it, but once you hear it, it sounded right; your name sounded right. and every time chanhee called you mom it made it feel all the more perfect and I found myself believing it as each day went by until I was convinced you were my wife and once you see someone as your significant other you can't really see them as anything else."

I closed my eyes, listening as he spoke..did he really feel this way about me for so long? was I that oblivious to his feelings?

"one day I bought one, I told myself it was going to be a small graduation gift for you. but when I seen you; I couldn't breath; I couldn't think about anything except that I wanted that ring on your finger to make you a part of me. chanhee knew, he always knows. I made him keep it a secret. he made me promise to give it to you before he turned seven. he told me he didn't want to get any older without being able to say that his parents are married."

he looked down and caught my upturned lips,grinning in approval "there's my happy bride."
he pauses a moment before suddenly gasping. "Ish I think I should've used that speech for my vows." he laughed, holding me in his arms; causing me to shake in his grasp,chuckling at his terribly timed jokes. "I'll let you in on a little secret...I was completely planning on winging it during the ceremony."

" too bad the priest wasn't here to hear it.." I smiled against his chest and feel the warmth as he kisses my forehead. gripping my shoulders.

" you feel better now?

"yeah."

"good, then let's go in there and give them a show alright?"

"okay."

[+]
wow only three chapters left! ( well four IF I do the smut version)

also I'm sorry for not posting, my phone has been glitchy and dead, so I'm borrowing things from other people to write!