twenty

"i can not breathe."

"i have never, literally, i never seen someone act as dramatic as you before."

"have you every taken anyone else out of their home country before? i didn't think so."

new york. not the best place to build confidence in yourself if you ask me.

i've seen the movies. someone goes to new york to make it big and end up failing terribly while falling for the guy in the coffee shop.

"i'm serious yoongi, too much smoke, i can't breathe."

he turns to face me, my hands covering my mouth and nose. eyes watering from the smoke.

we had left the airport and were supposed to get a taxi but...all the ones here seemed too busy, everytime we tried to call they only sped by.

and i suppose it is hard to tell people where we are going. we can't speak english every well and we can't understand natives much.

"here."

he unraveled his scarf from his neck, exposing the lavished skin, he steps towards me, his frosty breathe against my neck as he tucked in the knit material, fully covering me as if he wanted no one else looking at my vulnerable skin but him.

he wrapped his arms around and over my shoulders and i felt his heat radiating, slowly the material came around to my mouth and nose, blocking the smoke from reaching me.

"i'll buy us a few masks later."

he sounded far too confident for me, he was just as foreign as i was so why did he look so natural standing there in the cold and brutal pollution.

"i'll try to give you your scarf back soon...i don't want you to...uhm catch anything."

my eyes drifted to the bare space that the cotton once covered. just lower his chest was exposed by the betrayal of his long sleeved deep v neck shirt.

"i'll be fine. let's just focus on getting a ride."

we stood out a little longer, yoongi making phone calls to try and get us a ride, bouncing slightly i glanced around and tried not to seem nosy.

it's definitely colder down here. but everyone definitely seems to know what they want with their lives, brutal conditions produce fighters maybe?

i felt a pinch on my shoulder and turn around. yoongi still on the phone; he twitches his two fingers in a gesture  to follow him and i oblige.

our legs carrying us across the sidewalk along side the masses. as we moved i felt a several sharp jabs against my shoulder.

even the walking traffic was rough in new york.
rubbing my shoulder i quickly increased my steps to return to yoongi's side.

but again. was shoved and pushed away.

i don't know if he knew how far behind i was getting, he never did look back. his hand still on his phone and the people buzzing by him, surely he didn't notice the missing presence of one girl.

"excuse me..um excuse me."

i tried my limited american tongue, and tried to return to the only person i knew.

"please don't tell me i've lost you..."

thump thump.

thump thump.

the tips of my fingers press against my pounding heart, who knew that in a matter of minutes i could feel so distressed.

"yoongi wait!"

thump thump.

"excuse me, excuse me, please!"

i tried to move through the masses but they threw my weight aside, i was nothing more than a leaf that blew away into a desserts didn't belong in.

i was too short to see over them, i couldn't find my dark haired savior.

it's too loud, orchestrated chaos, left me disoriented and confused.

i tried and tried again, each time ending up farther away then where i started...or perhaps i was in the same spot but can't tell.

wait. call him.

i took my phone and dialed his number,
placing the electronic to the passage of my ear, voicemail.

five. ten . fifteen.

i literally could feel time weighing me down, knowing that the longer it takes me to find him, the greater the chances that he's long gone.

but this...this isn't working...i need to try something else...something to get me noticed.
because right now i look just like the masses and it's not helping.