fourty nine

I'm not sure what time it was. my skin was warm. and I could see golden sheer through my eyelids.

peaking my eyes open a fuzzed blur of an black angel kneels before me,  his cool palm rests on my forehead before breaking the silence. "miso..what are you doing out here?"

"I was–I fell asleep." I mumbled, squinting as the sun shone on my face.

slowly yoongi's face came into focus; twisted with concern.

"why were you out here? chanhee called, he said he couldn't find yuri when he—he sounded so worried I came right over."

that's right. he doesn't know we're home. and yuri...

glancing up I turned, yuri still worn out from last night.

"we dozed off, sorry."

gently leaning over I rock yuri and she responds, opening her eyes.

slowly I stood. "I'll get chanhee and let him know everything's okay."

I started to walk inside and yoongi began to follow, only stopping when yuri mumbled.
"yoongi..we need to talk..."

he hesitates but sits beside her, rubbing her shoulder."alright. i'm listening."

I walked back inside, peaking around the house. it was bright inside now. I guess chanhee had turned the lights on when we went looking for yuri.

peaking into yoongi's room, chanhee wasn't inside. I sighed and walked around, looking around the kitchen and bathroom.

when he wasn't in either of those room I went to my room and immediately drew my eyes to the little boy as he pulled his socks on his feet,

dressed in his school boy uniform, he had his bag beside my bed along with his stuffed smiling sunflower.

he looked so focused, tongue barely sticking out of his mouth as he tried to tie his shoes.

"we still have to go to school, even if ms.yuri isn't here okay?" his voice as soft as the plush beside him, leaning on the door from I found myself smiling.

he was cute in his uniform. I didn't get to see him in it often. when I started college it was hard for me to be with him. I showed up for all of his events, even if it meant I was losing potential study time.

and then the trip, eight months away. chanhee without his parents for eight months. all because he was such a strong kid and told his dad to go and follow his dreams.

now here we are. no tests, no schedules no flights. I missed him. I missed watching him grow.

"chanhee...wrong foot." immediately his gaze shot up towards the door, startled. the moment he recognized me however his eyes squinted and he bit his lip, holding back a squeal as he grinned, falling back on the bed and giggling with excitement.

"eomma!"

he jumped down and ran and I bent down to give him a hug. "is it you? are you really back?"

"i'm really back–and don't worry, me and mrs. yuri have been here all morning, you weren't alone."

"good."

I picked him up and set him on the bed. kneeling to tie his shoes.

"did you have fun? did abba hold your hand like I taught him?" his voice quick and high pitched. I chuckle, nodding while finishing his shoes.

"I had lots of fun.and me and daddy held hands lots." he chuckled at my remark and stood, grabbing his sunflower plush.

"good. so when are you getting married?"

I choked on air.

"e-excuse me?"

"getting married. eomma I'm seven—"

"you're not seven."

"I'm almost seven! anyway  i'm old enough to know how this works and I know you and daddy aren't married because you don't wear a ring like other moms do. you don't even wear a plain one like the girl's at your school."

ish this child. I forgot, he's too bright for his own good.

"hm. well it's hard to find the prettiest ring ya know?— anyway lets eat breakfast."

chanhee and I walked into the kitchen. I opened up a cabinet for bowls and the cereal.
"captain crunch?"

"mhmm."

I started to pour the cereal into our bowls.

"yuri I should kill you! I trusted you!"

my eyes dart towards the door and I took in a deep breath. perhaps I should go out there.

"is that daddy?"

"yeah."

"he sounds mad.."

"yeah..I better go see if he's okay..hey why don't you pour the milk? you're old enough right?"

at that chanhee grinned, nodding as I pulled the milk down for him to pour, I could only hope that he doesn't create a waterfall.