fifty four

we were celebrating the success of yoongi's tour, his parents reserved a dinner and invited me and my family. yoongi even brought chanhee in his fanciest little suit.

I wore a rose dusted dress,nothing worth mentioning really, it was appropriate considering all the adults and alcohol that would be around me.

we dined and gave many cheers, of course towards the end of the night the cheers had turned to slurs by our relatives.

I think I started to eat something, I don't know the names of all the meals they served us but they were good nonetheless.

I sat on one side of the table and yoongi across from me. chanhee sat just beside his dad. as we ate I noticed yoongi watching me with his intense eyes. I started checking my face repeatedly.

"stop smiling like that, it's creepy." I pouted. it was getting hard for me to focus on eating when he kept smiling at me like that.

"creepy or endearing?"

"creepy."

chuckling, I turned to chanhee who licked his baby lips, doing his best to open it wide enough to fit a piece of meat into his mouth.

"eomma it won't fit."

"hm? bring it here and I'll cut it."

yoongi scrunched his nose and turned to the boy."chanhee I could've cut your food."

"no! you cut weird, eomma makes it pretty." immediately the reincarnation of yoongi scrunched his own nose in disapproval of his dad's suggestion.

slowly a shocked yoongi looked up attempting to hold his laughter at the scene.
shaking my head I ignored the tiny spat and grabbed chanhee's plate, cutting his food into tiny bits.

"eomma."

"hmm?"

"eomma."

I turned to chanhee. he had a deviously broad smile form, like those of any child who has ever been guilty of doing something they weren't supposed to.

"I'm seven now."

"no, you're still six."

"I'm close enough."

"no,your birthday isn't till next month." he pouts, crunching his nose at me, this only made me smile more innocently than before.

"which reminds me - chanhee I have an early birthday gift for you." there was something under yoongi's usually calm tone, nervousness?

chanhee stuck out his tongue,taking the box from yoongi eagerly, he peaked inside with curiousity when suddenly he smile fades to a frown."hey what am I supposed to do with this?!"

yoongi's smile seemed to become more mischievous by the second, with clearly fake shock, he rested his chin against his palm and arched an eyebrow.

"oh really?oh you know what? I must've handed you the wrong one, yeah that's for eomma. give that to her."

I gave yoongi a face, he was acting a little too odd. still chanhee handed the box to me and crossed his arms."it won't be anything fun inside." he pouts.

opening the satin box sat a small ring incrusted with diamonds.I choked and immediately slammed the box closed, eyes wide I turned to yoongi  "Ish min yoongi! is that a— stop it! min yoongi!"

his deviousness turned sweet, his gummy smile showing as he confirmed my belief. "miso song, you wouldn't happen to want to marry me..would you?"

"I..I..h-how can you sit there so calm?!" turning my shock into a humorous attack at yoongi's calmness as I sat frazzled, he only laughed and sat straight to defend himself.

"Ish miso you have such a tender heart!  I can't afford you to die of shock before I get a answer! you can't handle too much excitement, you know that! If I got on one knee in front of your entire family you'd pass out! I know you better than that! I can't have my future wife dying before I get an answer!"

"future wife?!"

"if you say yes!"

"of course I say yes!"

there was a pause, that last word seemed to linger longer and ten times louder than the others. we paused. yoongi and I with locked eyes as if to see if we both heard the same word.

"what did you say?"

"I-I said yes."

he paused before I could process; he had his hand in my hair,  lips on mine. he didn't ease, he didn't wait. he just kissed me. and then I felt a wetness. a drop of salt water falling over my cheeks.

he sniffled and I realized he was crying. then my own eyes started to sting as I wrapped my arms around him.

"don't cry eomma. it'll be okay abba." a soft touch reached my cheeks, small chubby fingers reached up to wipe yoongi's eyes. we managed to stop crying and turned to chanhee who was standing on top of one of yoongi's passed out uncles to reach us.

he smiled and I leaned over; planting a kiss on his forehead.

"wasn't my acting good?"
he leaned into my ear, I could feel his smile.

"I knew daddy was gonna ask,I asked him to make it my birthday present."