fifty six

tightening the last of my dress, fluffing the satin and adjusting the brooch on my hair, my reflection looked at me and I smiled back at it before hearing footsteps entering the room.

"um...miso someone wants to see you, they said there's a problem with the guest list."

I turned my head to rosè, her cheeks flushed and red from running perhaps. up to now I had been trying to keep my cool with the entire thing, weddings are known for being stressful. I didn't want to be caught up in any of that.

stepping from behind me, a figure with wavy black hair and wire rimmed glasses steps up to her.

"excuse me, you really shouldn't be disturbing the bride right now. the very thought of remembering how to speak could be too much for her. for any issues with the wedding do address me, park jimin the wedding planner."

ironically our wedding planner also happens to be yoongi's best man and close friend. he's sweet and gentle and I trusted him with my special day. I must add that he looks like the male version of karan which is probably why I trust him so easily.

"oh..well please follow me, there's people outside barkin like dogs." rosè blinked before gesturing towards the door.

I couldn't help be nosy..I had the right to ask, it is my wedding after all. "what's the problem exactly?"

"a couple of people want to come in but aren't on the guest list. they're arguing to be relatives of the brid—I mean you."

I scrunched my eyebrows, narrowing my eyes as I thought back."relatives.." now the issue had my name written all over it. gathering the drapes of satin I exited the bridal hall. I was supposed to stay there and get final preparations before I would have to walk down the isle but I had grown anxious as the hours ticked by, all I needed was to hear about drama outside.

"wait miso! you really shouldn't be dealing wth this!" jimin called after me.

peaking just outside the wedding hall were many people,sadly all of which I recognized; from my rude aunt sanei to some of my unreasonable cousins and even friends of my parents. my aunt quickly caught my presence.

"miso! finally someone who can get things in order. explain that we're supposed to be in here." my aunt groaned, crossing her arms from obvious aggravation though it never took much to upset her.

I shifted the weight on my leg, shaking my head slowly.
"actually...you're not..I'm not even sure how you knew where the wedding was being held." I answered, voice shaking unwillingly.

auntie blinked,nodding a moment before chuckling more to herself than to me.
"don't play games with me right now girl,let me in, I'm not in the mood."

I started opening my mouth when jimin stepped up, holding up his hand and speaking out on my behalf."the bride already selected the guests. If you weren't on the list then my apologizes but there's nothing we can do about it."

Immediately she turned away from him, looking back at me."why are you being so difficult miso? Help me understand why I'm not on this list when I clearly see that every other person including my ex husband is on It."

"your ex husband is still my uncle, and I'm sorry that he asked for a divorce, but he's on this list because he believes in me and supports this wedding. auntie all you ever do is put people down and push your wants. just yesterday you tried to coax my mom into calling off the wedding so why should I let you attend when you don't even respect me enough to accept that I've chosen this life?"

there was a pause and I could feel everyone's eyes on auntie,perhaps wondering what method she would use to kill me. soon I realized her words was the weapon on choice.

"... I wanted to be at this wedding so I could see you makes the biggest mistake of your life and give you one last warning just so you can never say that noone told you. don't continue making mistakes girl. you're just digging yourself a deeper hole. listen to me, you're not special and whoever that man is that's been filling your head with  that nonsense doesn't love you. how can he love you? huh? and what are you gonna do financially? you won't have any family to lean on because you decided to push us all out."

she started to push herself inside, but the usher raised his hand, blocking her from moving forward any closer to me or my wedding. I inhaled a deep breath, shaking my head. I hated how some of my own family thinks I've turned against them just because I do things differently..but I can't be a coward now.

"I made my choice and you can't change my mind, you always loved playing the guilt game. the truth is that I don't know what we're going to do. honestly I'm surprised we were able to afford this wedding. but I'm going to make the best of everything we have, and as for you; I'll put you on the list..from this point on you're on my black list."

turning around I walk away, waving them off. turning to one of the bridesmaids beside me I mumbled in her ear."I don't want them anywhere near me. when the last of the guests arrive I want the doors closed. they're not allowed to even peak."

out there I was fearless but the moment I was out of sight I could feel my dress tight around my chest, breathing harshly and trying to clear her voice from my head. I don't know how much time had passed before they called me.

" miso we're ready to start to wedding, just give us the okay."

I wasn't ready. I was shook up and I didn't tell anyone. I was afraid that the wedding would be postponed if I said anything about it. So I took in a breath and nodded."I'm ready."