twenty three

"we've already started setting up at the stadium. you'll be broadcasted at this weekends show and then every show after after."

karan speed-walked us into the grand theatre of yoongi's tour debut, staff were buzzing across the stage as i just did my best to keep up with their new found hustle.

across the stadium a stage director's voice echoed throughout the building.

"agust's piano will be here, his mic on his right side, right side!"

"agust? right his stage name..." I mumbled as
we were led up to the stage. our footsteps echoed with each step.

"you're performing on a pretty big platform.."
i marveled when yoongi appears at my side, his lips turned up, growing brighter with each step.

"but.."

i turn to him, knitting my eyebrows."if you're big enough to have your own tour, then why hadn't i heard anything about you before?"

yoongi sucked his teeth, scratching his head before karan appears to answer for him.

"agust likes to keep his music a little more lowkey as of right now. he wants it to be like a hidden little gem that people stumble upon."

she pushes up her glasses and flashes a smile. no sooner had it appeared before vanishing as she sees something going seriously haywire backstage.

"hey, that doesn't go there!" she calls and storms off.
she was nice really but i hated all the interruptions.

glancing to yoongi, he was watching karan with a sly glance, chuckling under his breath.

crossing his arms and turning towards me."she always tries to make things sound way more artistic than it is. really i'm just more accepted internationally than in korea."

"i suppose, do you think it's because no one knows who you are? if everyone knew that august was min yoongi than i'm sure your popularity would just fly."

"what makes you think that?"

"because everyone loves min yoongi, or at least they love the yoongi i know..would you say that everyone loves the side of you i haven't met?"

he thinks a moment, nodding his head and tossing my question around his mind a moment. tapping his foot rhythmically.

"do people like the other side of me.."

voice crawling up my spine, he then stops mid tap and turns to me, satisfied with his answer.

"i think it's an acquired taste."