twenty six

week four

chicago

tripping over my heels, legs carrying me past producers and stage directors after the show. I could only go so fast without ripping my dress in the process. i had to see him.

i had to see him now while the glow was still in his eyes, the magic of the stage in his hair. he looked so unreal, like he wasn't of the world.

"you were amazing."

the moment I seen my dark haired prince, my arms curved around his neck. he staggered back slightly, perhaps from surprise. but slowly his hands found their places; one on my back, the other in my hair.

"was I really?" he asked me this everyday for the past week. he was always in this wanderlust state when he finished performing. but today he seems to struggle to truly focus.

"really."

meeting my gaze a moment he pulled me in closer, hiding his face in my shoulder.
along with feeling the warmth of his body heat I could also feel his heartbeating.

fast.

"just breathe..in and out."

resting my hand on his chest i could feel quickening pounding of his chest. I supposed my heart would be racing too if I had my first tour.

"come on let's get you some water."
breaking away from his hold I rub his arm when he looks to me. his cheeks flushed as i finally noticed the sweat on his forehead.

he was too warm.

carefully I step away from him, asking around for water.
"karan, do you know where the waters is?"
she nods and directs me to the cooler.

grabbing a bottle, immediately my hands start to numb from its coolness, turning back I watch as he seemed to look about aimlessly, like a child who lost his parents.

"karan, can i see the playback..i wanna see how I did." he called out after his assistant director, she looked up from her phone and shook her head.

"I already told you, later. and someone get get him a  wet towel, he looks like he's burning up."

as I came back as he had wiped his face with the towel offered and sat down in a chair. his eyes showed showed weariness , fingers shaking as he played back the keys of his piano in the air.

"yoongi i want you to drink this, you're burning up."

heat flashes, something that happens when he's stressed.

a stage assistant gave us a chair and she helps me set him down, handing him the bottle I watch him drink. tilting his head back I could see the liquid depleting from the bottle, his adam's apple moving each time he swallowed.

"it's okay.. you can breathe.. you did great, hey don't drink so fast."

wrapping my fingers around the bases of the plastic, slowly I pulled it away from his lips. he was acting as if he was going to drown himself with the contents.

a small stream of clear substance dripped from the corner of his lips, he looked completely drained of his energy.

the moment  he remember I was in front of him he gave his weight over to me, grabbing the back of my thighs and bringing me to him, hiding his face in my stomach.

at first i was flustered when the flesh of my thighs were in his grasp but after seeing just how worn out he was I embraced him, rubbing his back gently.

he looked up to me, cocking his head lightly."I'm tired."

"I know..you can rest."