bonus: rejected

yoongi and I exchanged a look. it wasn't a normal look, it wasn't a loving look. it was more like questioning and full of concern.

chanhee...hasn't been talking to us and we don't know why. we don't know if we did something to upset him. but every time we try to ask he walks away.

"did you talk to his teacher?" yoongi pressed his lips to my ear on yet another one of these days.

chanhee has just told us not to bother him and kicked us out of our own bedroom.

I sat, my back against the door to the room the three of us shared. I couldn't hear anything on the other side. "shh I told you I'm trying to listen."

yoongi listened, sitting quietly on the other side of me before I catch the sight of his fingers shifting in my side vision. he wasn't taking this as well as I was.

"what if it's a kid from school? they're bad influences I just knew that we should've taken him somewhere else and that taehyung kid I swear—"

"shh." I turn my head to glare at him, brushing my hair away so my ear touched the wood door frame.

I could hear a sound like scrapping..or tearing perhaps?

after a minute I sigh, sitting up and offering yoongi my hand.

he grunts and reluctantly takes it, letting me pull him up off of the floor. "I just don't know what he could be doing."

"well maybe we need to just make him stop and tell us what's going on."

"kinda not our style miso..chanhee has never been bad before. we don't know how to discipline him."

"well do you have a better idea? we can't just keep letting him go on like this."

"alright.. you're right."

I nod, cracking the bedroom door open and peaking in, chanhee was on our mattress; swinging his legs as he laid on his stomach, moving his hands followed by that scratching sound.

stepping up to him I start to realize that he had a piece of paper under his wrist and his fingers were wrapped around a pencil.

"chanhee you drew this?"

the boy's bob swayed when he nods.
"that's abba, then me and you on the other side."

"how long have you been working on it?"

"about two weeks, it takes a lot on concentration."

"he just been working on his art...for a second I really thought he was mad at us." yoongi relaxed his shoulders.

"why would I be mad?" he continues to scratch our names onto the paper, not bothering to look up as yoongi and I exchanged another look.

"we don't know..we thought we did something wrong and you were trying to avoid us."

there was a pause and we watched as chanhee continued to move his chubby fingers over the page.

"daddy has a big imagination..." chanhee mumbles to himself as he finishes the last touches to his masterpiece.

"and mama is always worrying about something."

I raise an eyebrow, worry? I wouldn't consider myself a worrier.

"sometimes I feel like without me they'd be a mess!" he laughs to himself, still ignoring us.

"but it's okay, because I'll take care of them when I'm older and I'll do all of the worrying for eomma and take care of the imagining for abba. they mean well by it, they just don't know how to properly say that they miss me."

he sets his pencil down, smiling down at his art piece.

"I just wanted to focus on my drawing and they thought it was the end of the world! I guess I can't leave them alone for that long anymore, maybe if I go play with them then they'll feel better."

he looks up, dumpling cheeks and bright eyes now facing us for the first time in weeks, his lips returning to their full potential, a broad smile.

but this time it was a little different than usual, his smile...it was quite...gummy, despite having no real blood between himself and yoongi the resemblance was uncanny in that moment and I couldn't help but chuckle to myself.

"do you wanna help me?" he tilts his head with a chuckle.

nodding quickly, yoongi had already bent down on the mat, rubbing our son's head."yeah, we really do."

[+]

this chapter was created specifically just for this gorgeous piece of fan art that virgin mom received a while ago.

honestly I was just touched and grateful just to hear that someone even considered making fan art for my story.

so this chapter is dedicated to Loura91 who made my heart flutter in ten different ways.

idk if they would like me to post their twitter but if so I will put it down here!
seriously thank you! ♡

and you know I've definitely grown a lot since this story ended and each time i post a bonus chapter it's fun to see my writing evolving and changing.