Chapter 19

Monday, February 17, 2014

Today, Sam slept in. They wouldn't have school until March tenth because the school was installing a bunch of cameras and metal detectors. Today is his birthday and he was happy he was at home, although he wished it was for a different reason. Due to the three week 'break' the school year has been extended until June 5th. Rachel, Kurt, and Santana aren't leaving until Wednesday, so at almost exactly 10 o'clock, Rachel was walking in his room singing happy birthday to him. He groaned as she opened the curtains in his room and the light nearly blinded him.

"Rachel!" He whined, covering his face with his arm. She giggled and sat on the bed beside him.

"Get up sleepy head! It's your 18th birthday! You're officially an adult now." Sam moved his arm and looked at her.

"We both know I'll never be an 'official adult'." He said and she laughed. He sat up and shook his head. His hair fell back in his eyes."I'm to much of a child." He said. She laughed again and brushed the hair out of his eyes. He looked into her eyes and they both started to lean in, but got interrupted by Liz walking into the room. 

"Oh shit." She covered her eyes and peeked through her fingers. They blushed and looked at her."Please tell me you have underwear on, Sam."

"Duh." Sam looked at her weird."I just woke up, Liz."

"Oh."' She moved her hand."I didn't mean to interrupt...that, but happy birthday. Now get your ass up before Santana throws more water on you." She walked out of the room.

"Alrighty then." Rachel patted Sam's shoulder."Get dressed and come downstairs." He nodded and kissed her cheek. She left the room and shut the door behind her. He got dressed and put his hair in a pony tail and brushed his teeth. He picked up his phone and walked out of his room, checking Facebook.

"What have we told you about walking down the stairs and being on your phone?" Carole said.

"Not to do it, I know, I know, I almost broke my neck last time." He said and chuckled as she did the 'I'm watching you' gesture. He sat down and she put pancakes with a candle on top in front of him. He laughed as she kissed his cheek.

"Happy birthday Sweetie."

"Thank you." He blew out the candle after closing his eyes and making a wish.

"So what do you want to do today?" Kurt asked. Sam looked at his girlfriend, sister, Kurt and Carole, grinning.

"You know what I want to do."

TIME SKIP

After hours of acting like complete fools and watching a bunch of Disney movies, Carole took a nap and Tina, Artie, Blaine, Brittany, and Santana came to the house with cake and pizza.

"Guys." Sam said but Tina put her hand on his mouth.

"Happy birthday. Big 18. I remember when he was just a little Justin Bieber wanna be when he first came to McKinley?" Tina said. Sam rolled his eyes.

"Trouty Mouth, Guppy Lips..." Santana sang. Sam groaned and she laughed. They ate pizza and cake and then watched more movies together. Eventually, Tina brought out her phone and started playing songs.

"What do you want me to play, Sam?" She asked. He whispered it in his ear and she grinned.

  I hope you never lose your sense of wonder,
You get your fill to eat but always keep that hunger,
May you never take one single breath for granted,
GOD forbid love ever leave you empty handed,
I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean,
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens,
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance,
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance.

I hope you dance....I hope you dance.

Sam held his hand out to Rachel and she smiled, taking his hand and letting him pull her up. They began slow dancing and the other couples began dancing. Tina even sat in Artie's lap to dance with him.

I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance,
Never settle for the path of least resistance
Livin' might mean takin' chances but they're worth takin',
Lovin' might be a mistake but it's worth makin',
Don't let some hell bent heart leave you bitter,
When you come close to sellin' out reconsider,
Give the heavens above more than just a passing glance,
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance.

I hope you dance....I hope you dance.
(Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along,
Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder where those years have gone.)

I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean,
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens,
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance,
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance.

Dance....I hope you dance.
I hope you dance....I hope you dance.
(Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along
Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder where those years have gone)  

Sam and Rachel were once again about to kiss when they were interrupted. This time, it was by Burt walking in the house with Rudy and laughing loudly. Sam and Rachel thought simultaneously, 

Oh come on!