Chapter 24

Friday, May 30, 2014

"What time does the competition start, son?" Dwight asked as they sat in the living room at Carole and Burt's. Sam was sitting on the floor with Liz, Rachel and Kurt, playing with the babies and making stupid faces and voices at them as if they knew what they were doing.

"Uhh, 6:30 but I don't go on until 7:15." He said.

"So are they going to perform at all?" Mary asked. Sam nodded.

"They're gonna perform a song or two between each performance. I'm the last one. They're supposed to announce the winner at 7:30."

"You're gonna win it." Rachel said. Sam smiled slightly.

"I don't know, I mean, Nick and Demi both hand picked the songs themselves." Sam said.

"Just think positive, Sammy." Mary said. Sam grinned at her.

"Pizza is here!" Burt called and Sam was up and going in the kitchen in a heart beat."Slow down son, you're gonna get some too." Everyone blushed.

"Sorry, I eat when I'm nervous." He said.

"Same." Rachel said and he high fived her. She giggled. As the two families ate, they talked and laughed.

"Oh! I forgot to tell you, Sam. This came in the mail." Carole said, handing him a huge yellow envelope and a smaller white one.

"It's about damn time." He said, taking the photos out of it and looking through them. He gave them to Rachel and she looked through them. She stopped on one for a minute or so.

"Hot damn." She said. He snorted. She showed everyone the picture.

 She showed everyone the picture

"Hot damn is right." Kurt said. Blaine coughed."I love you." Blaine rolled his eyes and kissed Kurt's cheek. Everyone got to look at the pictures. Sam took pictures of them and posted them on Facebook.

Sam Evans

Just got the pictures back form my photo shoot! Have to say I'm pretty proud of them lol.

Rachel Berry and 311 others like this.

Santana Lopez: Hot damn Trouty, I bet Berry was drooling like hell when she saw those.

Rachel Berry: XD XD XD

Quinn Fabray: She's not denying it either. 

After a bunch of hilarious comments from his friends, Sam put his phone on vibrate and stuck it in his pocket. He opened the other envelope and took out the papers. He set the folded up paper on the table and looked at the slip. He almost choked when he saw it. It was a check. He coughed and Rachel smacked him on the back a couple of times. He chuckled slightly.

"Damn, sorry. This just shocked me."

"What?" Mary asked. He handed her the check and she gasped."Wow."

"I know. And you and dad are getting half of it."

"Sam, no-"

"Uh uh, you're taking it and you're not gonna argue, okay?" He said."I'm not taking no for an answer." She sighed and looked at him. He grinned at her goofily and hugged him.

"Thanks Sammy."

"I'd give you the whole 8 thousand if you'd let me but I know you wouldn't."

"No, I wouldn't." She said. He laughed. He unfolded the other paper and read it, the smile on his face slowly fading.

Dear Sam Evans,

We love having you working in our agency, and you're a sight for sore eyes, but you're weight doesn't match the recommended weight. If you'd like to break the contract, sign the line below. If you'd like to stay with us for another year, you will have to lose 15 more pounds and cut your hair.

Thank you.

He bit his lip to keep from cussing out loud. He shook his head and scoffed.

"Does anyone have a pen?" He asked. Carole tossed him one and he signed the line faster than he'd ever signed one before. He wrote them a little note at the bottom and folded it up. He took the extra envelope inside of it and put it back in there.

"What's wrong?" Rachel asked.

"I just broke the contract with the agency." He said, shrugging as if it wasn't a big deal. He took his wallet out of his pocket and took a stamp out and put it on the envelope and wrote the address on the front of it.

"What? Why?" Everyone asked, shocked.

"They said that if I wanted to break the contract, sign my name on the line and send it back. If I wanted to stay on for another year, they said that I'd have to lose 15 more pounds and cut my hair." He said."And you know what?" He asked. He made sure the twins were outside.

"What?"

"Fuck them." He said, grabbing some more pizza and taking a big bite out of it.