Chapter 78

Friday, September 18, 2015

The next day, Sam and Rachel got up early to get on their flight to Ohio. They got to Sam's parents house at around 2 O'clock, and Sam went back to sleep almost as soon as he got there.

"He's pooped, huh?" Dwight asked, sitting in the recliner. Rachel giggled and nodded.

"Yeah, he hasn't been sleeping much. We got home kind of late last night and when I went to bed he was up writing songs."

"He'd do that before he graduated too, according to Carole and Burt." Mary said.

"I remember, he'd always be texting me. But he's been staying up like that for the last couple weeks."

"It's gonna come back on him eventually, he needs his sleep."

"I know. I try and usually succeed to get him to bed." Mary snorted at that.

"He's stubborn as hell." Dwight said.

"He get's it from you." Mary said.

"Says you!" Rachel giggled at their argument.

"Everyone's stubborn sometimes." She told them, and they laughed, agreeing with her.

TIME SKIP
Saturday, December 19, 2015
6 AM

"Stevie hurry up! We need to leave now!" Sam yelled banging on Stevie's door. Stevie opened said door and grumbled his way out of his room, barely holding on to his suitcase. Sam rolled his eyes and followed him, tempted to push him down the last couple steps but decided against it.

"You can go back to sleep on the plane." Mary said, thumping him on the head. He groaned.

"Rachel and her dads are meeting us at the gate, right?" Liz asked. Sam nodded. Ten minutes later, they were finally on the way to the airport. Once they arrived, they met up with Rachel, Hiram, and Le'Roy, put their luggage where it needed to go and left to finally get on the plane. The seating arrangements were; Sam and Rachel, Stevie and Stacy, Le'Roy and Hiram, Liz and Caden, who had decided to come last minute, and finally Mary and Dwight. Stevie passed out as soon as the plane was in the air, and Rachel fell asleep against Sam's shoulder as he wrote in an old beat up note book.

TIME SKIP
11:30 AM

Four and a half hours later, they finally arrived at the Cayman Islands.

"We have a special guest waiting for us at the house we're staying at." Sam said. They had rented two cars and were about to leave. Sam was driving since he knew where to go, and Rachel, her dads, and Dwight were riding in that car, and the rest of the family were in another, following behind.

"I'm surrounded by men." Rachel said on her Snapchat, showing them on the camera and they waved. Sam held up a peace sign since he was driving. She giggled and wrote "My guys <3". She saved the video and posted it on Snapchat and Instagram and tagged them in it. They arrived and there was a car already in the driveway.

"I didn't know it was beach front!" Rachel exclaimed, smacking Sam's arm lightly. He chuckled.

"Or that it was this big!" Mary said. Dwight coughed.

"That's what she said." Sam looked at him and Dwight laughed.

"Why do you look so surprised that he said that? You say it all the time." Rachel said.

"But...That's gross." She rolled her eyes at him and went to the back of the car to get some bags but he stopped her, "Just hang on a second, me and Stevie will come get the stuff. I want y'all to look around first." Sam said, grabbing her hand and pulling her with him. He unlocked the door and led them in. "Damn." He said.

"I thought you knew what it looked like." Liz said.

"Yeah but he just described it to me, I didn't see pictures or anything." He said.

"Oh." They looked around and Sam and Rachel immediately snagged the room with a bathroom and a door to the balcony before anyone else could. Their parents got the second room like it, but on the completely other side of the house. Hiram and Le'Roy had a room upstairs, along with Liz and Caden and Stacy and Stevie got the smaller rooms to themselves. There were four bathrooms, not including the one in Sam and Rachel's room. The living room was huge, and so was the kitchen and the dining room. There was a deck built around an above ground pool that had 4 longer chairs around it with tables in between them.

"This is insane." Stevie said.

"There's one more room you guys haven't looked at." Sam said. They followed him back in through the sliding doors of the living room and knocked once on a bedroom door and then opened it, revealing a very familiar face posing on the bed.

"What the hell?"