Chapter 20

Thursday, March 6, 2014

"Are you excited for the game tonight Sam?" Blaine asked. After this week, there would only be 7 more games. They lost one, mainly because Sam was sick and couldn't play.

"Oh yeah. I'll be happy when it's over, because then I can pop Andrew one good time." He said.

"He's the one who claims to be better than you, right?" He asked. Sam nodded.

"He wishes." Blaine laughed.

"Alright, everyone! I have an announcement." Mr. Schue said, walking into the choir room. Everyone got quiet."As you know, Sam entered one of his original songs in the contest, right?" Everyone nodded."Well, there are five finalists, and Sam is one of them!" Everyone started clapping for him and he blushed and grinned."Also, they've finally announced the prize for winning the contest."

"What is it?"

"A record deal with Island Records."

"Isn't that the place where Nick Jonas and Demi Lovato are signed?" Kitty asked.

"It is. In fact, they're the ones who are choosing the winner. Two weeks after Nationals, there will be a concert, I guess you could say, of the contestants performing their song on stage in front of them and some of the teachers and students. They'll probably perform a few of their songs and then announce the winner." He said.

"Well, we all know who our next famous friend will be." Marley said, poking Sam in the shoulder.

"I don't know about that now. Even if I won, I don't know if I would actually sign with them."

"Why?" Everyone chorused.

"You're crazy if you don't." Jake said. Sam rolled his eyes.

"I already have a job in New York. I signed with a modeling agency when Blaine and I went to New York." He said.

"Why didn't you tell anyone?"

"Even I didn't know." Blaine said.

"Rachel and Carole were the only people who knew. I was going to wait until after Nationals to tell you guys."

"So if you win, you won't accept the record deal?" Ryder asked. He shrugged.

"I have no idea. I mean, I'm only signed until October this year." He said."They said that because I'm young, I would only sign for a year. I signed with them on October 17. If I decided to stay with them after that year, I would sign a contract for another certain amount of years."

"But you haven't accomplished anything with them yet, have you?" Artie asked.

"I have. There's a bunch of pictures from the photo shoot they're releasing sometime this month."

"And how have you hidden this from all of us?" Tina asked.

"I have no clue. At all. It just happened."

"Is there a chance that you might sign with the record company?" Mr. Schue asked.

"Maybe. I have to think about it." After another hour or so of practicing for Nationals, Sam started to get a steady flow of text messages.

"Dang man, who's texting you so much?"

"It's probably Rachel." He said, checking his phone. Mr. Schue had given them a break."No, it's Burt." He said. He clicked on his name and a bunch of pictures popped up."Holy shit." He bit his lip and started flipping through the pictures. At the end, he'd sent a text so Sam read it out loud."Riley Madison Hummel, 5 pounds, 8 ounces, born at 2:21 PM and Liam James Hummel, 6 pounds even, born at 2:27 PM." He looked at everyone, grinning.

"Carole had the babies?" Unique asked. He nodded and showed them the pictures.

"Practice is over today guys!" Mr. Schue called from his office. Sam picked up his book bag.

"I'll see y'all later. Liz, you coming with me?"

"Hell yeah, especially if babies are involved."

TIME SKIP

"They're so tiny!" Liz said, cooing at the baby girl. Sam nudged Burt.

"I don't think she's ever been so sweet to anyone else." He whispered and Burt laughed.

"Babies will do that to a person." He said. Sam laughed.

"Do you want to hold her?" Liz asked Sam. He shook his head immediately. 

"Uh, no thanks."

"What, are you afraid to hold my daughter?" Burt asked, nudging him.

"Yeah, very."

"You held Stacy and Stevie."

"That's completely different and you know it." Sam glared at her playfully."Come on, just hold her." He sighed and let Liz put her in his arms. His phone started buzzing.

"Can you get that for me?" He asked. She rolled her eyes and took it out of his pocket.

"Ooh, your girl is facetiming you." She said, answering it and waving at Rachel through the camera. Rachel giggled and waved back.

"Not that I'm happy to see you, but where is my boyfriend?"

"Well, he is currently as still as possible so he wont drop Riley." She answered.

"Who?" She switched the camera so that it was facing Sam."Oh my gosh! Santana! Come look." Sam still refused to move a muscle. He'd never been so still in his life.

"You're not gonna drop her Sam." Carole said, laughing.

"You don't know that! I dropped Stevie when he was five."

"But wasn't that because lil Trouty was steady moving and trying to get down?" Santana asked. Sam glared at him.

"Don't go there, Satan."