Chapter 47

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

The next three weeks flew by for Sam, thankfully, because he was able to get his cast off. On the way home from the doctor's office, Rachel asked,

"Are you happy about getting your cast off?" He looked at her, grinning.

"I can play guitar now, which is what I'm gonna do when we get back." He said. She laughed.

"I've missed you playing guitar. You're still supposed to teach me." She said.

"I'll definitely do that. I'm sorry I wasn't able to before I broke my hand."

"You mean before I broke your hand?"

"You didn't break my hand, Rach." He rolled his eyes playfully.

"Technically I did because I didn't tell you there was another ball in the machine." He sighed and looked at her.

"Not it's not, babe. I'm all good now, so don't worry about it, okay?"

"Fine, but that's a story I'm always gonna tell our kids." He looked at her, an eyebrow raised. She realized what she said and covered her mouth, blushing."Oh my gosh, I didn't mean-" Sam chuckled."What?"

"You know I want to have kids with you." He said."I want to marry you one day too, in the future." She looked at him.

"Really?" He nodded."Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why do you want to marry me?"

"Because I love you."

"Why do you love me?"

"Why are you all of a sudden asking me this? There are so many reasons why I love you." She shrugged. He parked in the driveway and looked at her."Do you think I don't love you?"

"I just don't know why you do. I'm ugly. I have a big nose, I don't have big boobs or a big butt. I'm not blonde like Quinn or have pretty blue eyes like Brittany, or a body like Santana." She said, looking down at her hands. Sam scoffed.

"I don't love you just because of your looks, Rachel. I love your personality, the how you're so outgoing. I love how excited you get about singing or your favorite movies." He said.

"So I'm ugly?"

"What? Did I say you were ugly?"

"No, but-"

"But I didn't tell you that you were pretty, did I?" She shook her head."You're not. You're pretty, beautiful. You're gorgeous, Rachel. I don't understand how you don't see it, but you are." She looked at her hands again. He sighed. After a minute or two of silence, she said,

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"Loving me." She said, and looked at him finally, tears in her eyes.

"Babe..." He said gently and reached over and hugged her.

"I'm sorry, it's just, all through school I was picked on and everyone called me ugly, especially in high school. Finn loved me, I know he did, but your love and his love is completely different. I loved Finn, you know that. He complimented me every once in a while, told me I was beautiful. But you always call me beautiful so I guess I just haven't gotten used to it."

"I know you loved him, and I know he loved you. I love you with all my heart, and I know he would be happy for you, me, us. But you need to understand that I love you, and only you. I don't care if you look like any of those girls, only you. I love your nose. I love your body. I especially love your eyes. I've never seen a brown like them." She smiled a small smile.

"I'm sorry. i didn't mean to upset you."

"You didn't upset me, baby. I just needed to get my point across." She giggled lightly and kissed him.

"I love you."

"I love you too, baby."

TIME SKIP

Later that night, Rudy, Puck, Quinn, Santana, Brittany, Kurt, Brittany, Mercedes, Artie, Tina and Mike decided to come over to Sam's parents house for a bonfire, since they were home for the summer too.

"Sam!" Stevie yelled.

"What the hell." Sam made a face as he looked at Stevie.

"What?"

"When the fu-freak did your voice get so deep?" He asked.

"I'm 14 bro, and I went through puberty. You jealous?" He wiggled his eyebrows.

"Oh, sassy now, are we? You wish your voice was as deep as mine." Sam rolled his eyes.

"You want to play catch?" Stevie asked. Sam nodded.

"Ooh! I brought some balls!" Rudy exclaimed, picking one of them up and tossing it to Stevie. Dwight laughed.

"I'm glad you finally got some, buddy." He clapped Rudy on the back and Rudy scowled at him as everyone laughed.

"Now I know you get your sassiness from your dad, not your mom." Rudy mumbled and Mary thumped him on the back of the head.

"Watch it." She said. He rubbed the back of his head.

"I'm just gonna shut up."

"Good choice, Rudy." Sam said and patted him on the back before running off with Stevie, Rudy following closely.

"Hey! Slow down! I'm not young you know!"

"You're 26 Rudy, shut up!"