Chapter 74

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

"How long were you planning to propose to me?" Rachel asked as the two laid in bed the next morning.

"Since your birthday." He said, grinning at her cheekily. "Babe, I literally almost gave it away that day." She giggled.

"How?"

"Remember when I was talking about the necklace I got you for your birthday?" She nodded. "Well, I let it slip and I said ring by accident, and the only person who caught on to it was Kurt. Him and my dad were the only ones who knew about it until I asked your dads for permission, and then Kurt blabbed to the guys the night before their wedding." She laughed. "I seriously don't know how no one else noticed it."

"I sure didn't, because I'd have asked you."

"I know." He chuckled. "I'm glad no one but him heard it, because he did a pretty damn good job at keeping it a secret." She nodded. "Hey, you know what?"

"What?"

"Phil made me a YouTube Account or something, and said that if I wanted to I could record videos and stuff and upload them for fans and stuff."

"Really? That's cool."

"Yeah, and he said that if I wanted to, I could have a few 'guests' in the videos, as in you or Liz, or the entire Glee club." He said it nonchalantly as he looked down at her. She sat up quickly.

"Seriously?" He nodded.

"You say seriously a lot when you're surprised." She glared at him playfully and smacked his leg.

"Shut up. Are you gonna do it?"

"I think so. Phil wants me to do this 12 days of Christmas thing or something, where it's a Christmas song everyday for 12 days, straight, obviously, and I talked to Artie about it last night and he said he'd be happy to help record videos for it."

"That's awesome."

"So will you sing with me in some of them?" He asked.

"Of course! You know I'd love to!" He grinned at her and pecked her on the lips.

TIME SKIP

"So you, Sam Evans, teen heartthrob everywhere, wants us, Glee club aluminum, to sing Christmas songs with you in YouTube videos like we used to in Glee club, and you won't be embarrassed? What's the catch?" Santana asked. Sam rolled his eyes.

"There isn't a catch Santana. Phil wants me to do this 12 days of Christmas and said that anyone I wanted could sing with me." Sam said, shrugging. "I mean, if you don't want to, you don't have to, Santana. That goes for everyone else too. I mean, Mercedes, Puck, Rachel, Blaine, and Kurt have already agreed, and Artie's gonna help record and maybe sing a song with me but I don't know."

"Damn straight, we have awesome harmonies bro." Artie said, fist bumping him, and everyone laughed at the face Sam gave Santana.

"I'm all for it." Mike said. Everyone agreed and Santana finally did when Brittany did.

"Samuel Dwight Evans!" Mary yelled from the kitchen. Sam's eyes widened.

"Oh shit, what I do?" He mumbled and Rachel snorted. "Ma'am?"

"Come here!" She yelled. He got up and made his way into the kitchen, acting like a dog who had his tail between his leg.

"What did I do?"

Nothing." She laughed.

"Mom!" He whined. She laughed again and patted the table in front of her and Dwight. He sat down.

"You remember what you said about going on a trip around Christmas time?" Dwight asked. Sam nodded.

"Well, we've considered it, and we've agreed." Mary said.

"Really?" Sam asked. They nodded. He grinned. "Awesome!"

"Only," Dwight held up a finger, "If we pay our half."

"Dad-" 

"No buts. Deal or no deal?"

"Ugh, deal, but I'm paying for food and stuff." Sam said. The two sighed and nodded. Sam grinned, which caused them to smile.

"Will Rachel and her dads be coming with us?" Dwight asked.

"Because we should probably spend more time together, considering they are joining the family." Sam smiled at that.

"I hope so. I haven't asked them or said anything to Rachel, which I really need to do." He made a face and they rolled their eyes at him. 

"Well, you need to before you forget. We're gonna go to the grocery store, do you need anything?" He shook his head. His mom kissed his cheek and they left.

"Rach!" He called. 

"Yes?" She asked, coming in the kitchen.

"I need to talk to you real quick." He said. He motioned for her to come sit in his lap and she did so. "A couple of days ago, I asked my mom and dad if they wanted to go on a vacation over Christmas break, and they finally agreed to it, and I wanted to know if you and your dads would maybe want to come?"

"Ooh, where?"

"Cayman Islands."

"Awesome! I want to go, so I'll ask them until they finally agree." He chuckled. "I'm sure they'll love to go, because they've actually wanted to go there on vacation."

"Perfect timing then." She grinned and pecked him on the lips.

"Absolutely perfect."