Chapter 56

"So what time does the reunion start tomorrow?" Sam asked as he and Rachel sat on the love seat, Sadie's head resting in Rachel's lap. The dog had taken a liking to Rachel and Rachel couldn't help but love the sweet dog.

"It's not until about 5. It's at the old music hall, like usual." Sam nodded.

"I get to show you around then." Sam said, grinning at Rachel. She smiled widely."And you'll be riding a horse, whether you like it or not."

"Uh uh, I don't like horses. Not after that one tried to bite me last year."

"Rach, that was a cow." Sam said, snickering. She punched his arm..

"That's child abuse." He said, looking at her. She made a face and punched him again playfully. They started 'slap fighting' with their hands and Sam accidentally hit her in the head. He didn't hit her hard but he put his hand over his mouth, his eyes wide. She looked at him.

"I am so sorry. I didn't mean to actually hit you." He said. She chuckled.

"It's fine. I know you didn't." She said.

"No seriously, that was a complete accident." His grandparents, parents, and siblings were trying not to laugh.

"Sam, it's okay." She giggled. He looked like he was about to cry."You didn't even hit me hard! It was just a little tap, really." He looked at her. She laughed at the face he made and hugged him. He hid his face in her hair.

"I really am sorry." He mumbled. She patted his head.

"Don't be, Sam. It's okay." She kissed his head and played with his hair. He fell asleep sitting there.

"Is he asleep?" Mary asked. Rachel nodded and giggled."Good. He was up before all of us today. He's still pretty drained from the heat stroke." Rachel nodded in agreement.

"He wouldn't get off the phone with me last night so he went to bed late too. He's so stubborn."

"Very." Dwight said.

"Says you." Nana said. Stacy and Stevie snorted.

"Well, I'm gonna take thing 1 and thing 2 to ride horses. See ya later." Liz said, making the twins follow her. Rachel played with Sam's hair absently.

"I thought he was going to cry." Dwight said. Rachel looked at him.

"I did too, honestly. And he literally just tapped my head like he was trying to get my attention or something. I was the one hitting him hard."

"That's just how Sam is. He's completely against women abuse. He beat the crap out of one of his classmates when he was in 8th grade because he hit one of the girls in his class. He wasn't even friends with her. He didn't get in trouble either."

"Really? Wow. I love how protective he is. That's one of the reasons why I love him." She said. His grandparents smiled at that. Nana got up and grabbed a blanket, draping it over him. He snored in return and they laughed. Rachel got on her phone and checked her messages. One was from Santana which she ignored, and the others were from Nick and Phil giving her information about the show.

TIME SKIP
Tuesday, July 14, 2015
5:30 PM

After riding the horses for a while, Sam having convinced Rachel to actually try it out, they went back to the farm and cleaned up and got ready for the reunion. They were about thirty minutes late, but his aunts, uncles, and cousins were happy to see him nonetheless. There were a few close family friends at the reunion as well. Sam introduced Rachel to all of his family, and they all loved her. Rachel couldn't take it when Sam started playing with one of his baby cousins. She was only 6 months old.