Chapter 73

Monday, November 9, 2015
4 PM

"So, how long are you two staying?" Mary asked, tossing Sam a water bottle. The two were laying on the couch watching a movie, and she had just got home from taking Stacy somewhere.

"We're leaving on Wednesday." Sam said.

"There's gonna be a red carpet thing for Scream Queens and then a wrap party on Saturday, and I'm obviously going to it, and Sam's my date." She grinned at Sam." But the Tuesday before Thanksgiving were coming back and we're staying until after New Years." Mary smiled widely.

"Yay!" She clapped her hands and Sam laughed.

"Where's everyone at?" He asked.

"Your dad had to go to work and Stacy and Stevie are at some friends houses. Liz and Caden are who knows where." Sam rolled his eyes.

"Figures." He said. Rachel smacked his arm."What?" She shrugged and moved around to get comfortable. She was literally laying on top of him.

"Well, I'm gonna go take a nap. There's supposed to be a storm sometime soon so if the TV goes out, blame the network, not the storm." She said as she went upstairs.

"Okay mom." Sam laughed.

"A nap sounds good." Rachel said. Sam nodded in agreement. He tucked her hair behind her ear and kissed her forehead before wrapping his arms around her. They continued watching the movie until the TV actually went out because of the storm. They ended up falling asleep to the sound of the rain hitting the roof and the low rumble of thunder every now and then.

TIME SKIP
Saturday, November 15, 2015

LOS ANGELES

1 AM

Rachel Berry @rachelberry1

I had the best time of my life tonight, with my amazing boyfriend and friends I've made from working on this show. Thank you, Ryan, for creating this TV show and giving me one of the best years of my life <3 <3 <3

Sam Evans @samevans

When your girlfriend's so hot she doesn't even have a shadow 😍😍🔥🔥

Rachel Berry @rachelberry1

@samevans <3 <3 <3 

"I'm seriously so tired." Rachel said, throwing her shoes in her closet and plopping on their bed. Sam was already out of his clothes and in his boxers, laying on top of the covers on his stomach, on Twitter. She looked at him and giggled.

"I'm tired too." He said, looking back at her.

"Let me go take my face off and I'll come lay down." She said, making her way to the bathroom. He looked at her weird and she laughed. After she took her makeup off, she poked her head out of the bathroom and said, "I'm gonna take a shower and wash my hair real quick, I'll be out in a few minutes." He gave her a thumbs up and continued to look at stuff on Twitter and Instagram. She shook her head at him, smiling to herself. She took a shower and towel dried her hair when she got out, brushed her hair and teeth, and threw on a tank top and underwear. She crawled onto the bed and smacked his butt on her way to the end of the bed. He looked at her and grinned, which made her laugh. She laid on her back next to him and asked,

"What are you even looking at?"

"Memes." He answered. She laughed and rolled onto her stomach to look at them with him. The two looked at memes and giggled for the next thirty minutes and finally went to bed.

TIME SKIP

Monday, November 30, 2015
9 PM

"Okay, everyone, are you guys ready? Sam and Rachel are on their way here now." Mary announced. They were having a party for him, since his album has been Number 1 since September. All of his friends were there, including his parents, siblings, and the party is taking place at Rachel's dads house. Everyone said yes at the same time. Ten minutes later, Rachel walked in, carefully guiding Sam inside the house, having given him a blindfold. He bumped into the wall and stopped walking.

"Babe, I can't see a damn thing." He tilted his head back to see if he could see under it but he couldn't. She giggled. She looked at everyone and held counted to three on her fingers and took the blindfold off.

"Surprise!" Everyone yelled. Sam almost jumped a foot in the air.

"Oh what the hell. Don't do that." He shook his head."Scared the fu-hell out of me." He said, and corrected himself when he saw the look his mom gave him."What is this?"

"It's a party for you."

"But why?" He asked.

"It's not everyday our friend has a number 1 album for two months straight." Quinn said, hugging him. He smiled.

"Thanks guys. You do know it's our anniversary though, right?" He asked, and gave a pointed look to the guys.

"We're aware of that, and you two can go do your thing later, after the party." Sam glared at Puck. "Just kidding, dude. Chill." Sam rolled his eyes. He smiled at everyone else.

"Well, thanks guys. You didn't have to do this."

"We know we didn't, but we wanted to." Tina said.

"And of course, we were in on it." Mary said, holding her arms out to him. He grinned and hugged her. "I'm so proud of you, baby." He grinned again.

"Just wait until later." He said. She pulled away and raised an eyebrow and he just winked at her.

TIME SKIP

It was about an hour into the party when Sam made his move. It came out of no where, he just randomly walked up to Rachel and grabbed her hands. He got everyone's attention and said,

"I want to thank all of you guys for this. Y'all are the reason I write songs, their stories about my life, and you guys are a huge part of that. Especially Rachel." She smiled at him. "This is probably going to be incredibly cheesy to some of you, but I don't really care." Everyone laughed. He looked at Rachel. "We've been together for two years, today, and I never thought I'd love someone as much as I love you. If you asked me three years ago, if I'd see myself where I am today, loving you, I probably wouldn't believe them." She smiled at him. "You're the love of my life, Rachel, and I'll always love you. So..." His dad tossed him the box with the ring in it and got down on one knee. Her eyes widened.

"Oh my god." She said, covering her mouth. He grinned. He opened the box and held it up to her.

"Rachel Barbra Berry, will you marry me?"

"Are you serious?" She asked.

"As serious as I'll probably ever be."

"No way. Seriously?" He laughed at how shocked she was. He nodded. She squealed and did a weird dance in place, clapping her hands. "I'm assuming that's a yes?"

"Yes!" She leaned down and grabbed him by the face and kissed him. Everyone cheered. She pulled away and he put the ring on her finger as he stood up. They hugged tightly and then kissed again. She giggled and went to show the women.

"It's about damn time you grew a pair, Evans."

"Says you, Puckerman. Are you and Quinn engaged yet?" Puck glared at Sam. "I thought so."

"My baby boy is getting married!" Mary said, fanning her face as she held her arms out to hug him again. He laughed and hugged her back.

TIME SKIP

"So this is why you've been so secretive this week?" Rachel asked, crawling into bed with Sam. He laughed and wrapped his arms around her.

"Yeah...Do you like it?" He asked.

"The ring? I absolutely love it! It's gorgeous." She said. "I swear I've stared at it since you put it on my hand." He chuckled.

"I'm happy you do." He kissed her cheek, whereas she kissed him on the lips in return.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

Surprise! Sam and Rachel are engaged! That's not all, there's another surprise coming soon, along with a huge plot twist!