Chapter 25

Saturday, May 31, 2014

3 PM

Quinn Fabray

Hey, Sam Evans, what time does the competition start?

Sam Evans and 20 others like this.

Sam Evans: It starts at 6:30.

Quinn Fabray: Okay! Thank you! Everyone is going to be there tonight!

Sam Evans likes this.

"Are you still nervous?" Rachel asked. Sam nodded.

"How can I not? Now that I broke the contract with the modeling agency, I'm gonna take the record deal if I win." He said.

"True. I'd be nervous too. I'm nervous at rehearsal everyday." He nodded in understanding.

"I'm just happy that my family and everyone are coming. All of y'all just being there means a lot to me, even if I don't win."

"You'll win it, I know you will." He smiled and kissed her cheek.

TIME SKIP

6:30

It was a full house, obviously because Nick Jonas and Demi Lovato were in the building. Nevertheless, Sam was nervous as hell. He was going to perform in front of two very famous singers in 45 minutes. After the first competitor, Demi sang 'Heart Attack' and Nick sang 'Chains. By the time it was his turn, they'd already sung 'Neon Lights', 'Made in the USA', 'Really Don't Care', 'Avalanche', 'Chains', and 'Jealous'. 

"And the final competitor is Sam Evans, Captain of the Baseball Team and member of the New Directions." The announcer, which was just some nerdy kid, said. Sam walked out on the stage with his guitar. Demi nudged Nick.

"Would you look at that, a guitar. And he's pretty damn good looking." She whispered. He rolled his eyes. Sam stopped in front of the mic.

"Hey, Sam. What is the name of your song, and can you tell us why you wrote it?" Nick asked.

"The name of the song is called 'Stand' and I wrote it because when I first came to this school, I was basically a nobody until I joined the football team, and then I joined Glee club and everyone in this school called every single one of us losers. I basically wrote it for everyone in that club. Because no matter how hard people tried to hurt us, we just kept standing and powering through it until we showed them what and who we are." Nick made an impressed face and so did Demi.

"Well, that's very sweet. I see that you have a guitar. You're not singing a Capella like the others?"

"No, I usually play guitar with all of my songs."

"You have more?" Nick asked.

"A ton, actually."

"Hm... Go ahead." Sam nodded and started strumming.

  You feel like a candle in a hurricane
Just like a picture with a broken frame
Alone and helpless
Like you've lost your fight
But you'll be alright, you'll be alright

[Chorus:]
'Cause when push comes to shove
You taste what you're made of
You might bend, 'til you break
'Cause it's all you can take
On your knees you look up
Decide you've had enough
You get mad, you get strong
Wipe your hands, shake it off
Then you stand,
Then you stand

Life's like a novel
With the end ripped out
The edge of a canyon
With only one way down
Take what you're given before it's gone
And start holding on, keep holding on

[Chorus:]
'Cause when push comes to shove
You taste what you're made of
You might bend 'til you break
'Cause it's all you can take
On your knees you look up
Decide you've had enough
You get mad, you get strong
Wipe your hands, shake it off
Then you stand,
Yeah, then you stand

Every time you get up
And get back in the race
One more small piece of you
Starts to fall into place
Oh

[Chorus]

Yeah, then you stand,
Yeah, yeah, baby
Woo hoo, woo hoo, woo hoo

Then you stand, yeah, yeah  

Everyone clapped, including Demi and Nick. Sam let out a breath and grinned. He got off stage and was met with his sister and girlfriend. He hugged them both.

"You did so good!" Rachel exclaimed.

"Thanks. I thought I was gonna fall walking up to the mic." He said.

"That would have been funny." Liz said and he glared at her."Kidding, chill bro. But you did do good. You've got this in the bag."

TIME SKIP

"Will all of the competitors step on stage for the announcing of the winner?" The announcer said. Sam and the four others stepped on stage.

"All of you have amazing songs, but there's only one of you who really has what it takes in this business. You have to be able to speak in front of people and perform, no matter how nervous you are." Nick said.

"And that winner is..." The two looked at each other. 

"Sam Evans." They said together. Everyone cheered for him and he heard Liz and Rachel yelling,

"That's my boyfriend!"

"That's my brother!" Sam shook the other fours hands and went back stage, where Nick and Demi were waiting.

"Congratulations!" Demi said, shaking his hand. Nick shook his hand as well too.

"You know that the prize is a record deal, right?"

"Yeah, my teacher told me about it a couple weeks ago." Sam looked to his right just in time to see Rachel run up to him and hug him tightly."Can't breath Rach." He said. She let him go.

"Sorry, I'm just excited. I told you you'd win!" She kissed his cheek and turned to Nick and Demi.

"Hi, I'm Rachel Berry, future Broadway star." She shook their hands."Also, the girlfriend of Sam." Sam snorted and wrapped an arm around her. The other two laughed.

"We'll be in touch soon, Sam. We'll be in New York for a few months so you'll be working with us there and you'll sign with us there, even though the record company is in LA."

"Well, that works out well for me anyway, because I was planning on going to New York anyways." He smiled at them and waved goodbye. He turned around and made the most ridiculous face at Rachel, which made her laugh.

"Oh. My. God. Did that just happen?"