Chapter 43

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Rachel giggled as she poked Sam in the sides. He groaned and rolled over, grabbing her hands to stop her. He kept the hold on her hands and buried his face back into his pillow. She leaned down and kissed his cheek and laid beside him.

"You were tired last night, weren't you?" She asked. He nodded into the pillow. She smiled and played with his hair."Guess what."

"What?" He mumbled, looking at her with one eye.

"I'm going to talk to that guy Nick was talking about. The producer for that show he's going to be on." Sam opened his other eye and looked at her, an eyebrow raised.

"Seriously?" He asked.

"Is it stupid to do? All I'm doing is going to talk to him and see what the show is about."

"Why would it be stupid?"
"Because I already have a job. I don't want people to think I'm abandoning Funny Girl."

"Well, I don't think it's stupid. If it's what you want to do, go for it." He said. She smiled."When are you going to talk to him?"

"He'll be in New York Monday so I'm going then. Nick is going too so I know where I'm going." Sam nodded.

"I'll go with you too, if you want."

"You have to go do more interviews and stuff on Monday." He made a face.

"Crap, I forgot. Never mind but you have to text me or call me or something and tell me what goes on." He said, pointing at her. She giggled and nodded.

"I will Sammy."

TIME SKIP

"Rachel, this is Ryan Murphy. Ryan, this is Rachel Berry." Nick introduced and Rachel shook Ryan's hand.

"Hello." Ryan said, smiling.

"Hi."

"So, I'm assuming Nick told you about the show?"

"He mentioned it but he didn't go into detail."

"Take a seat, both of you. Now, I think that you are perfect for the part of Hester. I don't mean this in a bad way at all, but I've seen you on Funny Girl and I've heard that your acting skills are pretty good. Hester is a weird loser in the eyes of the Chanel's, and she's an underdog." Rachel nodded as he explained the character to her even more.

"I've been an underdog my whole life. Everyone thought I was a loser in school."

"I don't think you're a loser. I just think that you could portray the character better than others. We have a few episodes written already, so I would like to give you a script of the pilot, just to get an idea of the character, and if you decide to take part in the show, that doesn't mean you have to quit Funny Girl."

"Really?" She asked. He nodded. She smiled widely."I'm gonna talk to Sam about it and see what he thinks first. I will definitely consider it though." She said. He and Nick grinned.

"Great! Here is my card. Let me know what your decision is."

TIME SKIP

"How'd it go?" Sam asked as Rachel walked into the loft. She smacked her forehead.

"I'm sorry, I forgot to call you." He chuckled.

"It's fine babe. Come here." He motioned for her to come for him and he pulled her into his lap, hugging her around the waist. For the next few minutes, she told him about what they talked about and then showed him the script.

"When I was in the cab on the way back, I read some of the script and I really like it."

"So you might actually take the part?" He asked.

"I'm considering it. I would have to fly back and forth to LA and New York to film and then for my shows." She answered.

"So you'd still be able to play Fanny?" She nodded."That's awesome!" He kissed her cheek.

"Do you think I should do it?"

"It's up to you babe. You know I'll support your decision know matter what." She smiled at him.

"Well, I'm gonna talk to Mr. Campion about it after my show on Monday."

TIME SKIP
Monday, May 11, 2015

"Hello, Mr. Campion." Rachel said, sitting in front of him in his office.

"Hello, Rachel. You wanted to speak with me about something?"

"Yes sir. I'm just going to get right to the point. I've been offered a part in a TV show, created by Ryan Murphy and being a co-star along side Nick Jonas. If I accept their offer, I will still be able to play as Fanny, I just have to fly back and forth to LA from here sometimes." He stared at her for a minute or two.

"And you're actually considering it?" She smiled a little and nodded.

"Yeah, I, I thought that it would be okay. It wouldn't mean I'm abandoning Funny Girl, not at all."

"I don't know, Ms. Berry. I'm not sure I can trust the idea of you flying back and forth all the time, and be able to perform perfectly on stage. Just the thought of you considering it makes me despise the idea of it. So, I'm sorry to say this, but I'm gonna have to let you go."

"Excuse me? Are...Are you firing me?" She asked.

"I am."

"You're going to fire me, just for considering the offer? What kind of person does that?"

"Me. Now get out before I have to call in security." Rachel stood up, holding on to her purse tightly, fighting back tears. Before she walked out of the room, she turned around and said confidently,

"You're pathetic. You're going to regret this." She turned and walked out. She held in her tears until she got in the back of a cab.