Chapter 12 Agreement

"You worship the devil?" Amy said horrified.

Silently I was begging for the answer to be no. I almost sighed out loud when he answered.

"No. Our religion is much older then yours." he shrugged his shoulders. "Older then most religions actually." he added.

"Wicca?" I asked.

He shook his head. "No, Wicca is a new religion but we do have some of the same beliefs." he told me. "Gerald Gardner was a practitioner of The Way but he drew away after a personal loss in Malaya."

"He was part of your - Way?" Amy asked.

"Yes." he said sounding unsure. "If you mean that as I think you do."

"She does." I told him. "So you're tell us your family are casters? You're a caster?" I asked. I know I sounded doubtfulness but could you blame me, really? I didn't believe that stuff. "Prove it." I demanded when he nodded.

"Prove it how?" He asked me skeptically.

"I don't know. You're the caster." I waved my hand at him.

"We don't wave wands that shoot sparks or hurl fire balls around." he said agitated.

"It's not my fault that pop culture is riddled that kind of stuff." I told him. It was true too.

"Say a spell." Amy demanded.

"A spell?" he shook his head. "What you call a prayer is what we call a spell. It doesn't instantly effect the world. We just give it at little push or a nudge."

"So you just pray and hope for the best?" Amy said sounding disappointed and almost angry. "Christians do that!" she said raising her voice a little. She threw herself back in the seat. Eric and I both just looked at her. I had no idea what to say and I couldn't even begin to say what was wrong with her. She turned and looked out the window completely ignoring us.

"Are you okay?" I finally asked. She sighed and turned from the window to look directly at me.

"Yeah. I'm fine." she said.

"You don't sound fine." Eric said.

She looked at him and almost glared, for Amy that is a feat. "Don't we have things to do?"

"Yeah, I guess we do." He said after a few silent moments. He turned to me, "What are we doing?"

I had no idea but that didn't stop me from opening my mouth. Nothing came out so I snapped it closed. I licked my lips and shook my head. "I don't know. I haven't thought about it. I just thought about confronting Mr. Angelov."

"If Mr. Angelov isn't crazy then we need to talk to him. We just ran out of there like a bunch of scared alley cats chased by a lion." Amy said. I looked back at her like she was crazy. Where was all this bravado when it was time to take a geography test?

"There is a possibility that he could know something?" Eric admired.

"Uh - hello." I said dragging the word out sarcastically. "Have the both of you forgotten that he ruined my life with a computer glitch?"

"A worm, Stephanie, not a glitch. But we don't know for sure that was him." Eric reminded me.

"I don't care what you call it. I know it was him. I don't know how he did it but I know he did it. You heard Smith, Angelov was dealing with a computer issue."

"A minor issue, Steph. The library was hardly a minor issue." Amy said probably trying to calm me. The mention of the word library made me feel worse.